Mar 17,2015
By: 'Mrs A'
Mar 17,2015
The estate agents are the worst I have come across in a very long time. Neil Burton was the first member of this disastrous team that I dealt with. He came over to my property and gave it the big talk and that he could do wonders and get me a great price on my house and gave it the big sales pitch. My house did not need to be advertised on their website and it could have been sold by anyone as a house really sells itself. What isit that agents actually do? Yes, just put it on their website and wait for potential buyers to contact them. He was all talk and managed to persuade me into paying a 1.75% fee which is ridiculous for selling a house under £300,000 as average fees around Reading are 1%. He was very difficult to get hold of. He said that he had over 25buyers in his list that were searching a property like mine but then struggled to get 3 people to the open day. They are all liars in this company.

My second dealing was with Bernadette, she was like a dragon. Always working for thethe buyer and not working for the seller (myself, who was actually paying her). A price got offered on my property and she came back with saying that she was nervous to ask for more money. If I say I want more money than your job is to go back to ask for more money. Why do you think it is okay to bully me into accepting a price which is exactly what they did. The reason I continued is because I found my dream house and I did not want to lose it but they forced me into selling my house too cheap.

A house two doors away from mine sold for £15,000 more and the condition was nowhere near as well maintained as my property.

I just want to express that the overall service that this group offer is not great. They are money hungry and want to make as much money as possible like all businesses do otherwise how would they be succesful, but other businesses do not go out of their way to distress a customer and take as much from them as possible. Other companies offer good customer service in return for the fee that they are paid. Romans just want confirmation that you have signed an agreement and then they do not care how they treat you.

Romans