Mar 17,2015
By: 'Toughguy'
Mar 17,2015
We were desparate for a short let of 2 months and was shown a flat by a junior agent who was under supervision by a senior partner. The flat was to our liking and we negotiated a rent of 500 pounds a week . However the agent asked for an unreasonable high administrative fee of 500 pounds and a four week deposit despite us offering to pay everything upfront. We were told by the agent that the owner stipulated those conditions. However as I suspected that owner was not consulted, I contacted the owner through their current tenant and verified that the conversation not happen.

The next day I had an aggressive phone call from the senior partner that what I did was not ethical and London residential would have no further dealing with me. However the owner of the flat was on my side and managed to negotiate a admin fee of 200 pounds and a three week deposit. The IMPORTANT lesson here is that it is in the interest of the tenant to be able to contact with the owner! This is absolutely legal.
Was extorbidant in the begining.
Attached Files
Was extorbidant in the begining.
By: Anthony
Mar 17, 2015
London Residential have absolutely no idea who you are, are you sure you have the correct agency? this never happened with anyone from our agency. Please tell me who you dealt with?

London Residential