Mar 16,2015
By: 'saffal'
Mar 16,2015
Avoid like a plague ridden rat! Believe all the other reviews you read about this branch of Fulfords. They are absolutely terrible at their job and often not particularly pleasant as people. I was in the process of buying a property through them and like others was gazumped before we could purchase the property but after we had paid almost £500 for an effectively useless survey. Even before we bought the property we knew they weren't up to much - they failed to turn up for the first appointment without the courtesy of a phone call. Anyway we fell in love with the property and made an offer which was accepted. We were then made to go in to see Fulfords so they could verify we had funds! Explained that I already had a mortgage lined up so we surely didn't need to do this. They insisted we did. I agreed on the understanding that they wouldn't try to sell me any mortgages which they assured me they wouldn't do. Once in branch I had to sit through a tedious sales pitch from their mortgage advisor, who looked about 18, who desperately tried to get me to sign up to a mortgage through them. Repeatedly said no. After about 45 minutes I think he got the message. We then paid for the survey and it was carried out. We were then just in the process of waiting for the searches to come back from the local council when my solicitor - not Fulfords - rang me to say that there were other buyers in the picture and they had been there all along and were ready to move very quickly. Long story short we lost the house. When we asked Fulfords for a response their explanation was - oh well that's the property market. At no point were we told that there were other people also looking to buy the property and when it all came to light Fulfords response was to effectively tell us to get over it and go away. I then went through the complaints procedure which Countrywide turned down - obviously. So I went to the ombudsman who upheld my complaint and made Fulfords return the money we had spent on the survey. Moral of the story - these people are a mixture of incompetent, unhelpful, uninterested, unethical, unfriendly and pushy. Whether you want to buy or sell, rent or let avoid them like the plague. It's also worth noting that when I told my estate agent clients the problems I had had with an estate agent in Exeter, without telling them who I had problems with they all - and that's eight local estate agents - guessed that it would be Fulfords.

Fulfords