Mar 16,2015
By: 'Jon B'
Mar 16,2015
A review of CHK Mountford Letting Agents in Surbiton.

Letting agents are scum and should be more tightly regulated by the government, particularly in respect of exorbitant admin fees and check in/out inventory costs.

I was renting a 1 bedroom, unfurnished property without carpets. When I moved in I was informed I had to pay half the cost of the inventory, over ‚£100. Allegedly the landlord paid the other half. Considering this task took less than half an hour to complete, Crystal Inventories, the company that CHK Mountford employ to perform this are earning over ‚£400 per hour - an absolutely disgusting amount.

I took this to a tenancy dispute and unfortunately was unsuccessful, which baffles me since the inventory took so little time and there are a host of other companies providing an identical check in/out service for less than half the cost.

CHK Mountford and Crystal Inventories - if you come across these people be warned, you're going to get fleeced of your hard earned cash.
Disgraceful amount charged for an inventory - ‚£200+ for a one bedroom unfurnished flat.
By: CHKM
Mar 24, 2015
As with any bad review of our Company – fortunately a rare occurrence, we immediately looked into the matter to establish the cause of such disagreement.

In this case, it seems that you have an issue with an Inventory Clerk's costs rather than ‘lettings agents' in particular. It's reassuring to know for CHKM and all other letting agents that you took your viewpoint to an independent arbitrator – Tenancy Dispute Service, as they gave you their view, which was that the cost seemed fair. This surely then does not constitute for such a disingenuous comment on this site.

It's important to mention that all costs associated with moving are clearly advised to everyone involved before entering into an agreement, it is at this point matters should be raised if the costs are disagreeable or seemed unfair.

We also have a comment to add from the inventory company in question;
Crystal Inventories does not charge on an hourly basis and has never charged £400 per hour. Our rates for inventory work are in line and competitive with other local inventory companies. We have been advised that the published remarks of Jon B are defamatory and have no basis for which we seek removal, retraction and apology for this statement.

CHK Mountford