Mar 13,2015
By: 'Jericho'
Mar 13,2015
They refused to pass our offers onto their client because we were in a chain (my property is sold STC and there is no chain on my buyer's end), I also informed them I would be making a cash purchase once my property is sold.

They have shown my mother the property 3 times, and let me pay for a train ticket to come up from London and view it on Monday. I put an offer in straight away and then they told us that the vendor did not want anyone with a chain, and that they would be accepting another offer that was lower than ours. The girl showing the property asked us for a screen shot of my account to prove I had the funds when I put in the offer. This is when they eventually explained about the no chain saga. It's all very strange.

We upped our offer, but they refused to pass this on to the vendor. We pointed out to them that this is ILLEGAL. Also if they had told my mum last week that we needed cash, there are any number of people who would have lent us the money for 6 weeks until my sale completes.

Basically I believe they are acting illegally and not at all in the best interest of their clients. Has me wondering if they may be providing the prospective buyers with a mortgage and want the commission??

The agent showing me the house also knew nothing about the property, and looked at me cluelessly when I asked her about roof insulation!
Passed on our offers and behaved legally
Attached Files