Mar 13,2015
By: 'Carolyn Palmer'
Mar 13,2015
Living in Wales, I was apprehensive about using their services as their signs have yet to infiltrate the neighbourhood. However, after having four local estate agents round, giving valuations that varied by 20,000, adding on commission at 1.5% and VAT, I realised they were a bunch of crooked idiots!
I chose emoov after researching on line and word of mouth from one of my friends.
On March 1st, I paid up front and waited, nothing! Oh dear, I thought they were open on Sunday. After a quick phone call on 2nd, the assessor gave me a call to visit my home on the 3rd to take photos, complete a floor plan and EPC certificate.
On the 7th March, the sign arrived, another moment of panic as I had not let them know the price and the photos and description were not ready. Hayley Cannon allowed me to add the price, sent the photos and the generic description and with her expert help and a few phone calls, added the photos my son took to complete the slideshow. I thought the generic description was dreadful and added my own, completing everything by Monday 9th March. Hayley pressed the magic button to set me live on property portals on 10th March. Thank you Hayley. you were a gem with the patience of a saint!
On Tuesday 10th March, I had a phone call from the team to tell me I had an interested viewer and they arrived at 5 30pm. Two other viewings were confirmed, one for Wednesday 11th and one for Saturday 14th. I received feedback from the first viewing promptly from Anne Coward and my second viewer arrived at 11am. At 4pm, I had a phone call from Jodie Smallbrook telling me I had an offer for the full asking price! Unbelievable! Live on Tuesday 10th, sold on Wednesday 11th. I have saved £1730 in fees, enough to pay for the removal company and fitted wardrobes in my new home. Jodie has completed the task by passing on details to my solicitor. My buyer lives a quarter of a mile away and we are hoping for a quick completion.
I cannot praise their services enough. Friends thought I was stupid to pay up front but they won't be using the local estate agents when they find out how much can be saved by using emoov. I shall be recommending their services to anyone who will listen.
They will succeed if they do not charge for add ons at every turn. The for sale sign is paramount and was included. Other companies make you pay. Keep it cheap, clear and concise. Do not become the Ryan Air of the on line estate agents! A higher price could probably have been achieved but I do not believe in gazumping and was happy to achieve the asking price.

Emoov