Mar 13,2015
By: 'i-beat-tully'
Mar 13,2015
Me and my then girlfriend rented a top floor 2 bedroom flat at the end of the summer in 2013. However after only a couple of months with the bad weather settling in we noticed a lot of condensation, mold, and drafts coming in from various places around the flat.

We thought it was dealt with when a contractor came to replace a window pane that had broken during a night of terrible of wind and rain. But the problem still continued, water was on the floor and leaking down walls and the temperature of the flat was constantly cold which meant we had to have the heating constantly on and go to bed fully clothed most of the time.

After numerous phone calls, e-mails, and pictures sent etc, Tully's response was too late and our ceiling collapsed and flooded the whole lounge on Christmas eve and we had to evacuate with the help of the fire brigade and police. Water had even leaked into the kitchen and our bedroom soaking the curtains. All of the lounge furniture was moved into the other rooms by the fire brigade and so the flat was rendered uninhabitable by the fire brigade as we could not operate simple chores like cooking, especially as we were advised to keep the electrics turned off until a professional had assessed and proved to us they was safe to use again.

No alternate accommodation was offered and the emergency contact numbers provided were useless.

Claire was the one who dealt with the situation and was awful to deal with. In denial and aggressive towards us she claimed the flat was ok to use apart from the lounge, baring mind she never stepped foot in the flat to see for herself! Her advice was shut the lounge the door and heat the other rooms! Our front door was left wide open when the carpet cleaner was there to suck the water out, contractors were going in and making a mess and moving our belongings around without us knowing they were there. This is just the tip of the iceberg!

Despite the numerous breaches of contract and proof provided by me and my then girlfriend we were getting nowhere with Claire saying not to doubt her 20 years experience in this job and being stubborn about everything we were complaining to her about. I seeked legal advise and 15 months later justice prevailed as i took them all the way court. They obviously did not want a court judgment against them so the matter was settled outside of the court room costing them a lot more money then the pathetic amount they offered in the first place as compensation. Blatant ignorance, delaying and denial tactics were used but they did not work against me.

I strongly advise anyone to stay well clear of renting a property from Tully & Co. I am not the first person to be subject to such poor service as this website proves and i will never forget and forgive the huge effect the past 15 months off hell provided by Calire and Tully in general has had on me and my family, mentally and financially. I stuck to my guns and won and i hope other people reading this will do the same and benefit and learn from my torrid experience from this unprofessional company.
Attachments

By: Matteroffact.com
Mar 14, 2015
This was Clare Albaggou that you dealt with the office manager not Claire Horstead who was the lady who dealt with rent, please be aware there were two Claire's there but Clare Albaggou dealt in this it will say her name on all correspondence you received.

Tully & Co