Sep 09,2011
Sep 09,2011
2 months before my contract was ending they started arranging visits to my room without telling me! While I was at work, strangers would come and see my room and all my belongings (laptops, cameras, desktop computer and even cash). One of my flatmates saw the agents and viewers and warned me they where doing this. I used to leave cash and valuable objects over my desk as I trusted my flatmates. What if someone had stolen my £800 DSLR camera? They wouldn't have paid for it, they where even charging me for asking them the electricity bills!
By: Unida Place
Apr 13, 2012
Hello David, this is Unida Place
We appreciate that room viewings can be an inconvenience to tenants but they are unfortunately unavoidable, they are part and parcel of rented accommodation anywhere. For this reason our contract clearly states that in the event of non-renewal at the end of your agreement there will be such visits during the last months of your tenancy. Our contract has recently been revamped to make everything, including this, more clear.
We do also have a policy of informing tenants of visits in advance During all visits there is always a member of Unida Place staff present at all times as noted in your post, no applicant is ever left unsupervised.
We also take care to explain the necessity of putting in place appropriate insurance for your possessions and have a recommended supplier though the final decision on whose policy to use is always down the individual tenant.

We hope that this has helped to clear up any misunderstandings around viewings.
We are able to provide the particulars of electricity bills though since this is a service included in your rent and contract, extracting specific information on request does incur administrative charges.

Sincere regards
Elek Urban
Client Relations Coordinator
Unida Place

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Unida Place Office 1! To leave a new review of Unida Place Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Unida Place Office 1