Mar 10,2015
By: 'Traveltheworld'
Mar 10,2015
Intercounty is all about profit, profit, profit, and they treat tenants with contempt.
They deliberately mis-leased a property, claiming there was no noise problem and that the property would be cleaned before I moved in. Upon moving into the property, it was filthy. As soon as I started to raise concerns about the severe noise level with the neighbours, which was seriously affecting my family's life, they issued a notice to quit - in other words they ended my contact. It cost me nearly £6,000 to move and to lease another property, and my family was hellishly disrupted. I was present when an Intercounty agent showed a prospective tenant round the property - yes I even had to grant third parties access to the property when they issued the notice to quit and it was akin to history repeating itself when I heard the agent inform the lady that it was a quiet location and noise was not a problem.
Intercounty also set such a high bar upon vacating the property that no one would ever be able to have their bond returned. Indeed, I know the person who vacated the property before me did not receive their bond and they also heavily criticised the tactics employed by Intercounty. This firm needs to be scrutinised by the regulators as it is not fit for purpose. They are actively ripping people off.
Huge upfront fees, and impossible to have a bond returned due to the ridiculous requests when vacating a property.
Attached Files