Mar 08,2015
By: 'Blaqueen'
Mar 08,2015
In my endeavour to move from Cambridge to Derby I found the perfect property - with IMS. I couldn't actually view the property myself so my partner went to view it on my behalf.
The agent (Hannah) who showed her round was rude and rushed her around the property - my partner felt VERY uncomfortable and didn't feel as if she got a good look around. Not to mention the fact that she was refused entry to look at the garden.
To add insult to injury, the agent THEN lied to her and said the man who looked around the property last night had put in an application in - so I better be quick! Turned out - when I spoke to another colleague on the phone later - it was a barefaced LIE!
I hot-footed it over to the Borrowash branch (a 2 hour journey).
As I'm freelance and self-employed I'd already told an agent on the phone that I didn't have proof of income (even though I currently pay my rent religiously every month and have current agency and landlord proof of this)
My father has always been and still will be my guarantor - and signs a contract as such.
This wasn't good enough apparently. They basically told me that unless I could provide proof that I personally earned more than 15K - my guarantor meant nothing. Even though he can provide proof of income that is over and above the necessary.
They are ridiculous jobsworths who seem to get a kick out of making people look small.
Just because I no longer plug into the 9-5 boring matrix - and actually think outside the box and work for myself....I'm a pianist - they don't want to know.
It stinks - and judging by the reviews on here I had a lucky escape.
Been warm and welcoming when showing someone around a property instead of tutting sighing and tapping fingernails. Treat each application on it\'s own merit instead of treating applicants like a comodity.
Attached Files