Mar 07,2015
By: 'JB13'
Mar 07,2015
We were with Alba Residential, who were fine and gave us no problems, but as soon as they were taken in with Braemore we had a number of problems.
Communication was poor, it often took a couple of attempts to get through to anyone on the phone or get a response to maintenance queries by email. The property itself was fine and well looked after, but there were a number of issues with payments and charges.
The main issue we had with them were the ridiculous 'admin' fees they charged us for a number of things. Firstly I was charged £125 to move in a new tenant when my old flatmate left. This was after our lease had finished and gone onto a rolling lease, so we hadn't broken any contracts. Had this happened before the lease had ended I was told it would have been £250. Having queried this fee (which I'm not sure is legal-my ex-flatmate is certainly able to try and claim it back through the courts which makes me assume it's not) their response was 'well if you don't pay we'll assume that you both want to move out', which wasn't viable at the time. It felt like they were giving us an ultimatum, which was very unpleasant.
I was also charged over £5 to get back rent that was paid accidentally after the bank failed to cancel my standing order. Despite the fact that it wasn't my fault and it was the bank's mistake, I was still charged to get my own money back.

I think if they got rid of their charges, it would be a good company. The staff in the most part are helpful and pleasant, but for the sheer fact that they've twice had money out of me that they shouldn't, I'd not trust them again.
By: Callum
Mar 09, 2015
Dear Jennifer, We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service. With regards to the lease and moving someone else in, if there is a name change on the lease during the period where the lease is on a rolling contract, a brand new lease (6 month SAT) needs created. This is a fee that's not to be confused with admin fees some agency's charged to tenants prior to a lease being signed which, as you state, is not allowed. I am sorry that you feel let down about the bank failing to cancel your direct debit too which resulted in you being charged for the return of the rent. There is quite a bit of admin involved in this process so we are disappointed to hear that your bank havent settled this with you given it was their mistake. Please feel free to contact me direct should you have any queries on callum.macgregor@braemore.co.uk.

Braemore Sales & Lettings