Mar 07,2015
By: 'itztariq'
Mar 07,2015
A self-explanatory example of Parkers Gazumping cheap practices!

Sent: 25 February 2015 16:13:03
To: tilehurst@parkersproperties.co.uk (tilehurst@parkersproperties.co.uk)
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your call confirming the acceptance of offer. Please find attached assessment in principle done by Halifax earlier.

From: alex.whelan@parkersproperties.co.uk
Sent: 27 February 2015 14:39:01

An offer of £315000 made on (£325,000 ) 197, City Road, TILEHURST, Reading, Berkshire, RG31 4SL
Marked as pending at 15:48 25/02/2015
The offer has now been accepted!

Sent: 06 March 2015 12:54:13
To: tilehurst@parkersproperties.co.uk (tilehurst@parkersproperties.co.uk)

I didn't expect viewings to be arranged after a decision in principle was provided and the offer was accepted. I would like to know at what stage Parkers take the property off the market.

Sent: 06 March 2015 15:35:04
To: Daniel Baxter (daniel.baxter@parkersproperties.co.uk)
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your call to let me know that I can only go ahead with this property if I offer 5K more as Vendor now has higher offer through Parkers (yourself). May I request a copy of the code of practice that Parkers follow.

Avoid such pathetic estate agents using ugly Gazumping practices.
Attachments

By: Simon Gregory
Mar 19, 2015
Hi Tariq
We have now discussed this issue at great length. I fully understand your frustration. as explained to you at the time your offer was accepted, it was on the basis the property would e taken off the market upon receipt of your solicitor details and proof of mortgage arrangements which were not produced until sometime after.
Unfortunately the day after your offer was accepted (subject to providing further details), a higher offer was made and duly accepted by our vendors. You were given the opportunity (twice) to increase your offer but my vendors decided to go with another buyer which was ultimately their decision.
I have since spoken to you several times on the phone to explain everything that has happened and whilst I sympathise for you losing the property I hope you can understand why your offer was not successful.
We wish you all the luck in finding another home and if we can be of any assistance I have already provided you with my personal mobile number.
Simon Gregory - Director - Parkers Estate Agents