Mar 06,2015
By: 'Saltash6'
Mar 06,2015
Can I just say how happy we are with Maitlands. You have been fantastic throughout the letting of our property and the actual handling of everything in dealing with our landlord and the difficult situations we have faced.
The only reason I am writing this review is because I think that there is an unsung hero in the office who seems to always be around, and always be more than happy to help.
To give a brief outline we live in a small house in Cornwall with our young children. There have been a few problems as we have progressed through our tenancy, nothing too major but worries none the less. A lot of the problems were minor things such as the trip switch being reset on the main fuse board or the pilot light going out on the boiler.
More often than not I do deal with the lettings girls, who are most helpful and do direct me to the maintenance section of the website.
There are times, however where I have noticed this isn't always picked up in a very quick time. I appreciate staff can't be expected to work 24 hours a day.
There has been one person among you, who no matter what my question has been, has gone out of his way to ensure that, where possible he found an answer, and did his best to resolve the problem that I had.
I'm not the most competent person when it comes to DIY or simple electronics or plumbing around the house. That being said it makes it no less scary when the entire floor of lights switch off, or you're in the middle of a shower and the hot water suddenly discontinues.
The person I am referring to is Josh. From what I know with speaking to him is that he isn't someone who works on the lettings team and only provides cover over the weekends for all the phones. There have been other agencies in the past who have just pawned me off until the following working day because they lack the relevant knowledge or simply can't be bothered to get involved in the problem.
I must have phoned at least 5 times over the weekends and ended up having lengthy phone calls with him, a couple were about the fuse switch and I think one was about resetting the boiler.
I appreciate to some people that this may seem like something so small, and something that isn't an emergency, but when you are frightened and don't know what the problem is, it is so comforting just to have someone at the end of the phone.
He was so courteous and even took the time to stay on the phone whilst he talked me through step by step how to reset the switch.
It is times like these where having the personal touch is something that is so valuable it can actually save lives in certain circumstances. I just wanted to say that I think this man is someone with many hidden talents. He seems to have a vast amount of knowledge and is able to apply that to many different fields. Where he wasn't sure he did direct me to call on a Monday, but there were even times where he spent his break researching the answer for me himself.
It is people like these who are a credit to your industry and your company.i hope that maitlands continue to utilise josh as he is the kind of person that everyone could do with having around there home. I may be just renting my house, but to me this is my home and I hope that will continue for many years to come.
Should this review reach management then I urge you to give josh all the praise he deserves for going above and beyond every single time I spoke to him
By: Jan Wain
Mar 11, 2015
I don't think there is much more to say! I'm sure Josh will be thrilled when he reads this and will be the first to agree that he was doing his job. I hope the problems with your house have ceased and we can help with any problems that remain unsolved.

Maitlands