Mar 04,2015
By: 'Disappointed Buyer'
Mar 04,2015
An over optimistic completion date ('by Christmas') given on 22 November 2014 falsely raised expectations. It was intended to be a shared purchase with a Housing Association. Castles confirmed that my income and savings criteria where satisfactory upon submission of payslips and bank statements. Castles did not have any forms available from the HA for the buyer to complete. They promised to get the form but it did not arrive. We assumed that a process was occurring in the background when actually there was no progress at all for three weeks.

When the shared purchase application forms were eventually received by email on 11 December, I found out by return that I did not meet eligibility criteria for proportion of income spent on housing. Castles could have and should have known about this at the outset, whereupon I would have adopted Plan B much earlier, which was to obtain a mortgage and apply for outright purchase.
Castles just forget about me with no contact for three weeks. In the absence of information I was lured into thinking that everything was OK when it wasn¢â‚¬â„¢t.
Attached Files
By: Mark Noble
Mar 05, 2015
I am sorry that you feel that Castles have let you down as we pride ourselves on offering a top service to our clients and customers which can be seen throughout the positive reviews on this site.

However, we are human and in this instance I can see that you feel let down, at Castles we really do care about our vendors and purchasers and I know Chris Taylor our branch manager has tried to contact you to discuss your frustrations with you.

I am more than happy to discuss any aspect of your frustrations with you and would ask you to contact Chris or myself at the office at your convenience. Mark Noble managing director.

Castles (Swindon)