Mar 03,2015
Shangeetha
By: 'Matthew'
Mar 03,2015
If you are a prospective tenant, do not use them. Note that a lot of the favourable reviews are by landlords.

In my experience they are wholly unprofessional and charge extortionate fees for jobs that can be very simply and cheaply done by third parties, or are even unnecessary. For example, they attempted to charge ‚£300 for us re-signing a contract: this involved changing the dates of a contract and re-signing it, which we could have (and offered to) do ourselves. In addition they ignore the terms of the tenancy agreement in favour of rules they seem to make up as they go along.

They are also completely unapologetic for their errors and negligence. Our deposit has been held from us long past the deadline stipulated in the contract, for reasons that are not in the contract, and because of their failure to recognise their mistakes we are having to go through the arduous dispute resolution process regulated by the company that holds our deposit. It is not surprising that David Andrew are familiar with this process.
Re-draft your standard issue contract so that it is clear.
Attached Files
By: Theo Dorges
Mar 06, 2015
Hi Matthew,

I was sorry to read your review here on AllAgents, I apologise that you have cause to complain. If you would like to email me directly with your details and which property this relates to, I would be more than happy to look into this issue for you, my email theo@davidandrew.co.uk.

We always endeavour to treat Tenants, Buyers, Sellers and Landlords without bias and act in a transparent manner. I look forward to receiving your email and resolving your grievance as soon as possible.

Kind regards,