Mar 04,2015
By: 'Natalia'
Mar 04,2015
Absolutely horrific service - never use this agent!

1. Immediately upon renting a room in a flatshare I discovered there was no heating and hot water. The boiler needed to be replaced and this took over a month for them to do and I had to get Environmental Health involved to get them to replace it.
2. I specifically asked the agent Ulugbel who showed me the property whether there was Internet as I work from home so I will need it. I have text from him confirming there was and on moving in discovered there was which tool weeks to be installed! I had to pack up and go work elsewhere everyday!!! Agents have NO integrity!!!!

3. Fob to get into the building wasn't working. Agent knew this when he showed me the room but still didn't get it fixed and gave me as is and I had to kick up a huge fuss to get them to give a working fob weeks later!

4. They lied about number of people at property. I was told one girl and one other room empty as I said I wanted to share with 3 maximum. On moving on it was not just a girl it was a couple then they moved on couple then yet another couple moved in. There were then 7 of us sharing a 2 bed flat with no living room as this was converted to a room!!!!! I had to get Environmental Health involved yet again for them to do anything.

5. Agents very aggressive came to the flat to bully me when their General Manager went against their decision and said I could leave the property. One of them Robert Roman was using his foot to block my room door and I had to threaten to phone the police to get them to leave.

6. No mailbox key provided I had to ask for this and then wait for it to be ordered!

7. Kitchen filthy and cleaner provided never emptied the bin. Flatmates extremely dirty and they did nothing when I complained. One weekend I went away came back and there was rotting garbage in the kitchen and Jorge Sanchez said I just like to complain. Also cleaner never cleaned all communal area or property so I had to contact them to ask for it to be done

8. I left the property since the 07th Feb and they have NOT returned my deposit to date! Different staff have been contacting me and acting as though I'm still at the property and all sorts!!!!! I just had to ask them again today to stop ccing me into emails.

9. They never fix anything or take ages to do it or do patch jobs which meant I had to contact them again and again and again to fix the same thing.

Extremely disorganised on the whole the General Manager says one thing then Jorge contacts me to say another. Jorge is also extremely unprofessional and laughed when I told him I would get the council involved regarding the flat being overcrowded.

Never ever rent from City Rooms if you want to maintain your sanity. I have been living in London for 9 years and they are THE WORST agent I have ever had the misfortune to come across.
Absolutely nothing there were just so many problems constantly and they did nothing. If they had accepted that they were in breach of contract because their agent lied to me and allowed to leave the contract sooner that is the only thing that would\'ve helped but I would still never have used or recommended them again
Attached Files
By: Karoline
Oct 23, 2016
Hi Natalia,
really pleased to see that you managed to solve your pbs.
I am going through the same thing, so would need your advice.. Would you mind to share your contact details with me?
By: Natalia
Jul 10, 2015
Following my initial review, very happy to now confirm that after instigating court proceedings, I was contacted by Company Director, Jason Zhou, who has now returned my deposit monies - happy with this resolution and the fact that he contacted me directly and made an effort to resolve the situation to my satisfaction once he received my correspondence in relation to this.
By: Ivan
Mar 22, 2015
I find it hard to believe that Natalia is telling lies as I went almost through the same exact experience. You guys are awful and should be ashamed of yourself. We've asked you to come fix our heating/hot water problem for two months now and nobody moved a finger.
By: George
Mar 07, 2015
Dear All Landlord's and Agents, I wish to share that Natalia Jack is a Tenant from Hell, we have registered her name into a website that has been launched to protect the nation's landlords, local authorities and letting agents from nightmare tenants called The Naughty List, I hope this will help our hard working fellow to avoid to go through this type of tenants.

The 9 points are completely false, we had to let her go (she did not like it) because of her manners, very disrespectful with other flat-mates and members of the staff. she withheld rent money just because her flatmate took a 10 minute shower. The council came and after speaking to her they suggested us to let her go, you can imagine what profile of tenant she is.

Any ways , good luck if you deal with her.

CityRooms.com