Mar 04,2015
By: 'CONNED'
Mar 04,2015
we arrange to see the property in sw16. the agent turn up late. we rang the bell to the property luckily the tenants was home. they showed us around the property. Also during the viewing there was a few other prospective tenants there also. I felt like they were using the other people to pressurise us into putting in a deposit, i.e. to make out if you don't put a deposit in then the property would be let to others, i was also wondering whether that was their tactic, that the other people there was just to give the impression the property was in demand. Having paid the deposit into their account i was told i would need to show ids and reference ( first time renter) but he did not say when he needs them by.
When i got the required documents ready in about a week i was told and i quote sorry you have lost your deposit because you did not provide the reference and ids in time. Everytime I try calling the phone i just get a voicemail and it just say sorry cannot accept new message because voicemail box is full and is then cut off. The only way of contacting him was by text message. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE USING THIS METHOD TO CON YOUR DEPOSIT MONEY!!!
By: Liz
Apr 27, 2015
Thank you for your time to provide this review but I do not believe this is a genuine review or perhaps you are referring to another agent other than ourselves. Since we opened our Brixton office in 2007 no applicant has lost their holding deposit because the references were not provided on time.
Our office is in Brixton and we focus on properties in SW2 & SW9. The last property we had in SW16 was in spring 2014 and there were no issues with the let. One before that was in autumn 2013, it was let by a local agent and we did not take any holding deposits.
I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience dealing with a letting agent but I am convinced it was not Eden Harper.

Eden Harper