Sep 28,2011
Sep 28,2011
I have had a year tenancy in one of their managed properties and have never had a worse experience with any company. There have been so many problems with the property that we ended up writing to the landlord to ask them if they knew.

It turned out they didn't.

When we could get them to do work on the flat (which wasn't often) they hired cowboys to do it and then charged the landlord a fortune.

For the entire tenancy there was a leak in the shower room which ruined the walls, carpet and various other things and only got fixed when the landlord got involved.

We were without hot water on a number of occasions and had to move out for a time while it was fixed. The guy who "fixed" it hardwired the heating to the mains so the emmersion heater was running 24/7 and couldn't be switched off. This resulted in a £1000 electricity bill which we were not expecting.

It got to the point when they wouldn't even talk to me on the phone and I had to go and camp out in their offices.

Total disaster, whatever you do don't sign up with them!
No - they were truly awful
Attached Files
By: Louise
Feb 07, 2012
Hi,
I have just read your feedback regarding the service provided by Square Mile. As a tenant of ours you are aware that the ownership of Square Mile recently changed hands and I am sorry if you have been unhappy with the service provided in the past. Whilst we might not be able to help on all previous issues, moving forward we are bringing the level of service up to a much higher standard and I am confident that you will see a change in service levels.

I am head of Customer Services at Square Mile, therefore, if i can be of any further assistance, then please don't hesistate to contact me at customerservices@thamesview.co.uk

Thanks
Louise
By: pierre
Oct 04, 2011
[[EDIT ORIGINAL START]]
After the disgust in the way my property was managed by Square Mile I did some research to find that the managing director of this Estate Agency (Michael Toogood) is actually on the council for ARLA! ARLA think they are a ‘professional body’ to regulate the industry! So let us get this straight – looking at the catalogue misery and of alleged illegal activity by Square Mile on this site and John Hollingsworth – the other trading name the man is in charge of – The ARLA councillor is running an agency in the bottom 20 in the UK. Also should you complain about him to the professional body, he is the professional body! Clearly ARLA either don’t research their employees or don’t care themselves – the man has also made a ridiculous page on the internet (google his name) – saying to fire staff and calls himself ‘mystic Mike’. The only mystery is how he is in business or why ARLA employ him. ARLA make pompous statements about regulation when their own chiefs cant return deposits legally, book safety certificates legally or act with due diligence. I guess their opinion is to fire people as per their representative. I note on his website he denounces his own industry. This man is responsible for misery of others through his own incompetence.
[[EDIT ORIGINAL END]]

After the disgust in the way my property was managed by Square Mile I did some research to find that the managing director of this Estate Agency (M T) is actually on the council for ARLA! ARLA think they are a ‘professional body’ to regulate the industry! So let us get this straight – looking at the catalogue misery and of alleged illegal activity by Square Mile on this site and John Hollingsworth – the other trading name the man is in charge of – The ARLA councillor is running an agency in the bottom 20 in the UK. Also should you complain about him to the professional body, he is the professional body! Clearly ARLA either don’t research their employees or don’t care themselves – the man has also made a ridiculous page on the internet (google his name) – saying to fire staff and calls himself ‘mystic Mike’. The only mystery is how he is in business or why ARLA employ him. ARLA make pompous statements about regulation when their own chiefs cant return deposits legally, book safety certificates legally or act with due diligence. I guess their opinion is to fire people as per their representative. I note on his website he denounces his own industry. This man is responsible for misery of others through his own incompetence.

Dexters