Mar 03,2015
By: 'Matty'
Mar 03,2015
I had bought this large unique apartment from Davis and Gibbs (Brian Gibbs) in 2008, so when it came to selling it in 2013, I gave them the job alongside Foxtons (the traditional heavyweights for sellers!)

Both agents gave me quite a wide range in terms of valuation for the property (quite reasonable since it was very unique) but both ranges were pretty similar and were pretty accurate when compared to surveyors valuations later.

The difference between the two became apparent shortly afterwards however.

Before Foxtons had even had their professional photographer in to take photos or floor plans etc, Davis and Gibbs had the property online and 10 viewings through the door. One of the viewers made an offer and after some negotiation came up to the asking price.

A few weeks later we exchanged contracts (all the while I was kept fully abreast of events with phone calls once a week or thereabouts)

As both a selling agent and a renting agent (they rented the property for me for 3 years while I was abroad (2010-2013) I could not recommend them more highly.
I was very happy to pay their fees for both renting and selling. I got excellent value for money.

Davis & Gibbs