Mar 03,2015
By: 'Anonymous'
Mar 03,2015
I attempted to use this letting agency for a one bed property
They seemed very professional and curteous at first but then the whole experience went down hill.
I prepared and gave holding few for the property which was accepted by agents and by the landlord and all paper work was moving swiftly
6 days before move in date I was informed the property was being let to the landlord family member till for a certain amount of time. I was then technically homeless for 13 days, and had to live with friends and family members.
All paper work was eventually finished but two days before the adjusted moving in date I was informed the property was not ready and I was totally homeless and nearly lost job due to not having a property in the near area for work, luckily another estate agents had a property which they prepared for me within those two days.
However the letting agents at haart just informed me there was nothing they could so each time the landlord made me essentially homeless. They wouldn't let me dig a contract for the moving in date in question or put deposit down so it wasn't legally binding, and didn't refund my holding fee to me until a week later which was useless for finding another property and providing money for my next deposit.
When speaking to the manager after this he then tried to cover for the landlord by claiming it was the tenants fault and not the landlords and that there was nothing he could do. As I said I was contacting citizens advice to claim back travel costs and hotel fees incurred by the landlord they changed the story of a family member needing the property to a tenant overstaying their tenancy.
Heard good things about these estate agents from a few friends but would never recommend them t anyone else even if some properties a nice and modern. They have no care for tenants and are terrible to commicate with
By: Customer Relations Manager
Apr 22, 2015
Hi Tenant

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Please do email help@haart.co.uk so we can investigate this as your satisfaction is important to us.

Many thanks

Melanie Smith
Customer Relations Manager
By: Tenant
Apr 22, 2015
Had a very similar story. Have been homeless for two weeks. And when finally got the house it was not to the best standards but as we have all learned, Haart is very good of saying there is nothing they can do. Even though they are managing the property. I think they all should be sent to managing course or place should be closed. Even senior manager has no interest to reply to any issues or complaints.
By: Customer Relations Manager
Mar 05, 2015
Dear Anonymous

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience and the issues you faced. Please contact help@haart.co.uk so we can investigate this for you.

Many thanks