Mar 03,2015
By: 'Sophie'
Mar 03,2015
Both my boyfriend and I had decided to sell each of our properties and buy one big house together. We both instructed high street estate agents and during the protracted process (of our vendor trying to find an appropriate new home), we both had such a poor experience using local high street estate agent.

Having received an offer, I was told by my high street estate agent that £370k was market price and I to accept this for my property, I knew that they had not marketed it effectively and therefore decided to explore the alternatives, I read up about how to choose an online estate agent: NOT to go with the cheapest, and to ensure that they were well established, following a discussion withLouise at Emoove, I decided to go with them.

My boyfriend who was also selling his property was sceptical about paying up front for an estate agent as he could not see what incentive there would be for them to negotiate the best price and sell your home once you had paid.

The photographer came and took pictures; the quality of these pictures were far superior to the ones taken by the local high street estate agent.

The advert was placed on Rightmove and I had a viewing day 5 days later. We had about 7 viewings and I received 2 offers at £400k! I was ecstatic and happy to accept, but I was advised by Louise not to accept a first offer and the Emoove negotiator asked for last and final offers to which I received an offer of £410k - £40k more than local high street estate agent! What's more no £6k fee!

My boyfriend was still sceptical, but this was where the hard work and superb negotiating skills of their staff really kicked in and made all the difference, for us in real estate terms, we had found he one, and although there was a higher offer we decided we would not risk losing this house, and went with someone who was as good as a cash buyer instead of the highest price.

Each time I rang, all the staff I spoke to seemed on the Ball. As ever buying a house was one of the most stressful things, but when we ran into difficulty they were always on hand to help.

Most importantly when we completed I didn't have to pay anything, my boyfriend had to pay £6k to his estate agent for a less than average service - needless to say, he is now fully converted to the virtues of Emoove!

I cannot recommend Emoove more highly.

Emoov