Mar 02,2015
By: 'Milad'
Mar 02,2015
I put my place (3bedroom house located in Clapham, London) on market. The price I decided was average of 5 agency who came for valuation at my property. They were very professional and fast in responding to Emails and organising the photographer.
The photos taken were somewhat disappointing. While the colours and lighting was very good, the rooms looked much smaller than they actually are. So I had to replace some of those photos, with my unprofessional compact digital camera. There were also many issues with floor plans that eventually got sorted after rounds of emails.
They scheduled a viewing for me very quickly, I had to come all the way from Milton Keynes to Clapham for this viewing, I asked Emoov if they could provide me with her details but they said we Cant. That lady never showed up and I just wasted my entire day. Since this was Saturday I had no one to contact, I contacted the phone number of Emoov which went on answering. The Emoov phone number is also scam, as you get charged considerably when you call.
Except above no show, For over a month, I did not receive a single interest which raised my concerns as I had over 1000 views in Zoppla alone. As a result I asked one of my relatives to send an email and show interest. She provided Emoov with all necessary information (as you have to in Zoppla), and as expected she was not contacted at all by Emoov regarding the viewing except couple of automated emails. She was on other hand received numerous Emails regarding why she should choose Emoov to sell her current property(i.e. only marketing emails). I asked Emoov if there has been any interest in my place, they replied NONE! Which I had to tell them I know there is at least one and I forwarded them the Email. They got back to me with some nonsense respond.
I think Emoov does not have any motive to sell (as they receive the full payment at the start in my case). While the staff are friendly and fast, I do not think they are reliable when potential customers contact them. They also don't let the seller to contact the potential viewers themselves which cause problem. I do Not recommend them and I just wasted about ‚£500. I have now gone with normal state agent and in period of two weeks I had 8 viewings and one offer.
By: Milad
Jul 07, 2015
I have previously reviewed Emoov and gave poor review. They have now refunded me the whole money. I find that very professional and would like to thank Lauren and Russell.
By: Milad
Mar 17, 2015
Hi Russell,

I now have another offer on this property only 10K less than asking price. As of today I have instructed foxtons to remove the house from websites, Let me know if you still happy to refund the marketing fee as suggested. You guys still have my details (phone number and Email) if not let me know and I will contact emoov staff myself.

Many Thanks

Milad
By: Russell Quirk, CEO
Mar 02, 2015
Milad, I was sorry to see this review and to learn of your concerns. I have immediately spoken to our customer service team today to get to the bottom of the issues that you have raised.

May I say in the first instance however that you were marketed with us for just 22 days and I would have to contend that this may not always be time enough, particularly in a cooling market as London is, to see the result that you might wish for. Particularly at the price level that you are seeking to achieve. I understand that you purchased your property for £318,000 in January 2012 and are now seeking £580,000, an 87% increase just three years later.

With regard to the issues themselves: I am glad that you were happy with the quality of our images and I have checked them myself to ascertain that they are of a good standard. I understand your concerns over representation of size however we have made the conscious decision to ensure that our photographs portray an accurate view of room size rather than one that is the result of an ultra-wide lens.

I apologise if your floor-plan drawing required amendment. They sometimes do in order to satisfy specifics but I am sorry if this was not right first time.

With regard to your viewing, it is regretful that your appointment did not show up. We did chase them, as you know, and they did apologise to you but it is frustrating when people make an appointment and then fail to show without telling us. It is not possible to convey viewers' phone numbers to sellers (or vice versa) without permission albeit that in this instance we did request permission from your viewer which we received, and we passed the number on to you accordingly.

Your 'test' enquiry was indeed responded to however we did not receive a response to our message. We chased once again but still did not receive a reply unfortunately and therefore were unable to progress the enquiry, albeit that it was a request from yourselves rather than a bona fide query.

Our response with regard to notifying you that there had been no further interest was based on the fact that the 'test' enquiry had not concluded with a response from the enquirer and therefore had not come to anything. There WAS another enquiry as you're aware and whom asked for further information with regard to your home but declined to view.

You mention that you did not receive any interest for a month yet, as I have referenced above, your home was marketed with us between 27th January and 18th February which is a total of just 22 days.

I understand your concerns over lack of buyer interest. And no matter what an estate agent values a property at, particularly those that aim high in order to gain instructions, the reality is that the market itself will decide on the appropriateness of an asking price and we do feel that your price is set too high I'm afraid. I note that you have been marketed for over a week with Foxtons and, whilst you may have had viewings and an offer, your property remains unsold.

So may I propose something in order to demonstrate our goodwill and my utter obsession with keeping customers happy.... If Foxtons do sell your home for within 3% of the price that you are currently asking, within one month of today, I will refund your marketing fee in full.

I trust that you will accept this as the goodwill gesture that it is intended to be whilst, forgive me, ensuring that we are on a level playing field.

My direct dial is 01277 699583 if you wish to discuss this further.

Emoov