Sep 28,2011
Sep 28,2011
One would rate an agent excellent if they sold your home as they would have achieved their objective. However, Jones Robinson were the third agent we had used and I can therefore speak from experience. They were excellent.

Estate agents are typically of a certain type. Fast loving slick sales people, very good if you are trying to sell a one bedroom flat above a knocking shop, but when trying to sell a property with certain charm, a different tactic is required, service, professionalism and knowledge.

I had been with other agents who were used to selling flats, but Jones Robinson are a team of dedicated professionals. Not only did they make the process of selling quick and easy for us, but they were realistic about the selling price and feedback from viewers. They were empathetic, resilient and clearly dedicated in wanting to find the right person for the property. Some agents believe that throwing muck at the wall will result in some sticking, that is true, but I got the impression that Jones Robinson wanted to find the right viewers for my property and whilst my property did have some drawbacks, the people who came to view did not give the excuse of those drawbacks, i.e. they came fully briefed on the property. The same cannot be said for other agents!

When the offer was received, JR did not rest on their laurels. They made sure that the purchaser could afford the property and we weren't kept lingering. Interestingly we had two offers and we were advised to go with X buyer. We chose Y buyer, but ended up with X because JR had experience and could judge whether the buyer was likely to be proceed able.

In terms of cost, JR may not be the cheapest on the block nor the most expensive, far from it. They are not 1% merchants. However, for that extra bit of a percentage, the dedication and dare I say patience of having me emailing/phoning each day was well worth it. They earned their money and I didnt begrudge it. They advertised the property regularly and gave feedback very promptly. I would also like to show thanks for the fact that Paula (Lambourn office) exposed holes in the long chain my buyer had behind her. Whilst the other agents were resting on their laurels thinking everything was hunky dory, Paula found the gaps and exposed them to the otehr agents and for our benefit oiled the wheels of a chain of 7. For that I will always be most grateful.

As someone who has sold a few properties, don't necessarily go with the agent that says your house will sell for more than the other agents' valuation. These agents will have your property on their books and then advise you to reduce your price. Whilst we may all want over the market rate for the property, it took three agents for me to realise that I should have gone along with their experience in the first place. I could have probably sold a year beforehand, had I gone with JR!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Jones Robinson Estate Agents Newbury! To leave a new review of Jones Robinson Estate Agents Newbury, please click the link below !
Write a review for Jones Robinson Estate Agents Newbury