Mar 01,2015
By: 'Angry Landlord'
Mar 01,2015
We were treated as a cash cow by this agent. Almost every month some amount of money would be deducted for various 'charges'. They charged for a boiler inspection (I said I would deal with that myself as my son is a plumber) so they charged me an 'admin fee' for accepting my sons inspection report. They charged ME ‚£60 to send a report to the tax man! They charged ME for a tax statement, when I said my own accountant would deal with it. They charged me and my tenant over ‚£100 to renew a contract (one piece of printed paper each). Beware if you agree to pay them 10%, they really mean 10% plus vat! When my tenant missed one months rent and I phoned this agent to ask them what was happening they said something like If they miss 3 months rent we advise you to take them to court Why do I pay an agent 10% ? What do they do? I asked them several times What do you do for your 10% plus vat? No one could give me an acceptable answer. Then when your tenant pays a deposit to be held in the deposit scheme guess who pays ‚£3 a month for that to be held? ME the landlord! That's right they charged me a fee for the tenants deposit to be looked after! Unbelievable. When my tenant vacated, Countrywide promised that their exit inspection would be Very professional and thorough The things they missed were just laughable, didn't read the water meter (tried to tell me there wasn't one, even though it was on the inventory) Missed various inventory items including a missing smoke alarm. When I emailed Countrywide to point out their omissions they declined to reply. Would I use Countrywide lettings again? Never, ever even if they were the last letting agents on earth, I'd rather chance my arm with a contract bought off ebay and hope my tenant behaved.

Countrywide Residential Lettings