...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Mar 01,2015
By: 'Ben'
Mar 01,2015
I AM A LANDLORD AND NEVER EVER AGAIN !!!

I CANT STRESS HOW AWFUL THEIR SERVICE IS !! i signed a contract with the person named. The tenants left 2 months late, i never got to access the property until 2 weeks later by which time i expected the property would atleast be ready and in a decent state, to my horror i was wrong!! It was like stepping into a different house, my property had been completely destroyed :( i couldn't comprehend how it was even possible for the tenants to cause that much damage. I mean what were they doing in there? I expected he would find some decent people, i just wanted to cry. I CANT BELIEVE I TRUSTED THESE PEOPLE WITH MY PROPERTY!! :(.

I desperately tried to get hold of the person who gave me his word to fulfil the contract. I was never able to speak to him or see him in person again. They toyed with me, informing me that someone different would be dealing with the problem every time i contacted them. I sent numerous emails to a female member of staff with my concerns, she would send one or two line replies completely ignoring and refusing to address valid issues and points that i raised. a After much chasing my solicitor finally got intouch with them. They then said some one had completed the works in the property and i could collect the keys.
I WAS ABSOLOUTELY HORRIFIED AT THE STATE IT WAS STILL IN!. They completely destroyed my home :( Broken window handles and been tied shut with rope! door handles hanging off! broken kitchen cupboards and draws were nailed shut! (now cant even be opened)! Rubbish left all over the house and in the garden as well as the front! The toilet wasnt even flushed (absoloutely disgusting)! old furniture (beds) left for me to remove, toilet seat and shelves broken and left aside!
The photos speak for them self, which were believe it or not taken after their so called works were carried out.

with regards to the damages to the interior of the property Wentworth clearly have a responsibility of care to attend to having read clause 4.1 were it clearly states that

> The lessee covenants with the lessor to keep the interior of the property in a reasonable standard and to carry out any necessary repairs in order to comply with current legislation and requirements.

> The interior meaning, the internal door, internal surfaces of the window frames, interior surfaces of the ceilings, floors, main structure and/or internal walls of the property.

Whats even worse is that i forked out £300 extra for maintenance in the bathroom for a bathroom panel which they didnt do.

When handing the property over to wentworths the inventory showed everything was in fair condition if not new.

I am now taking legal action, found they are not even TPO registered
Not worth it for a landlord having to pay thousands to repair damages that the agents are responsible for and neglected.
Attached Files