Feb 28,2015
By: 'Sydenham customer'
Feb 28,2015
Problems: 1) Did not put our offer across to the vendors. 2) Dragged us along for a week after we had made the offer and continued to show the property to others. 3) Misinformed the vendor about the type of buyer that we are which led to misunderstanding between the vendors and ourselves. 4) Passing the wrong messages across between ourselves and the vendors which again led to misunderstanding, eg giving us the wrong target completion date which was rather stressful.
By: Dan
Mar 03, 2015
I am sorry that you feel disappointed with aspects of the service you received. We do strive to be as good as we possibly can but sometimes things are more difficult than usual which can lead to problems. In this particular instance, the positive aspect worth noting is obviously that your purchase successfully completed and you moved into the house you wanted to buy - which ultimately is the main objective for all concerned.

Let me address the specific points you have made.

Points 1 & 2. Your offer was put to my vendors who unfortunately took a week before confirming their acceptance. They had other viewings already booked in when you made your offer and they wanted us to conduct these first. If this wasn't clearly communicated to you clearly then I apologise.

Point 3. We genuinely made a mistake here but an understandable one I think. When you informed us you were chain free, we assumed you were first time buyers and communicated this to our vendors. What we hadn't realised is that you were in fact re mortgaging a property to raise funds. So you were "chain free" in one respect but not in another and it was this that led to the confusion. We can disagree as to whether your re - mortgage was made clear to us but we had no intention of misleading our vendors. Ultimately that wouldn't have made any sense and would have been counter productive.

Point 4. The completion date moved. We all wanted to complete sooner than we did because my vendors' purchase was delayed and the people they were buying from change the dates repeatedly. Again, I am sorry if this wasn't to your satisfaction and you felt you were mislead or weren't supplied with the correct info. It certainly wasn't out intention.

Buying, and indeed selling houses, is stressful and relies on lots of different people. Events and dates regularly change and it can be difficult to meet deadlines set at the outset. As an agent we recognise that the only way to manage the process is to act with complete honesty and transparency because without it the entire process is much much harder. I am sorry you feel disappointed with the way certain things were handled but I am glad your purchase went through and I hope you are enjoying living in your new home. If you wish to discuss this further, you have my mobile number and its available any time you wish to call.

Dan Crowley