Feb 26,2015
By: 'Roni'
Feb 26,2015
FJ Lord is a reliable agency, with which I worked intermittently since 2004. They are thorough in their checks of prospective tenants and AST terms, and keep prompt communication with the landlord throughout the tenant search period.

On the down side, I sense that the agency over time has become overly preoccupied with paperwork and requirements which I don't understand the need for (e.g., requesting proof from the mortgage bank that indeed I am allowed to let, asking for head lease , and more). I never had such requirements before from any agents, and not sure if this is due to regulations enforced on all agents or simply trying to be 'more Catholic than the Pope'. Some common sense must be applied to everything...

I also take exception to being told lately, AFTER signing a lease with a tenant, that FJ Lord insists on being an intermediary - receiving the rent from the tenant and passing it to the landlord (although there is no property-management involved). I am upset particularly about being put in the corner, and not being told about it in advance. In any case, I do not see the benefit of such arrangement, and will consider in future using an agent that does not enforce such arrangement on the landlord.
By: Customer Relations Manager
Mar 09, 2015
Dear Roni,

Thank you for your review. Please can you get in touch with us via email help@fjlord.co.uk so that we can investigate this.

Many thanks