Feb 25,2015
By: 'Tgn'
Feb 25,2015
After viewing a property on-line I phoned up for a viewing, which she didn't bother to turn up for, but was shown, by the current tenant, which wasn't a problem for me..
Upon seeing the flat immediately called the agent I was dealing with, and asked what's the requirement as I liked the flat.. Referencing and credit checked was mentioned, which I went on the state what's on my credit file..
I was then told she would speak to the landlord, which was later confirmed was willing to go ahead with the checks..
I was told if I didn't passed the credit check my money would be refunded back to me.. Minus reference fee. And as I had expressed not willing to go ahead and loose my money..So upon hearing this I went ahead.. Upon paying my holding deposit I was emailed a list of details about referencing, INCLUDING information I asked for immediately after viewing the flat..WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS..
These people withheld vital information and when I asked for a extension to bring in the only thing outstanding to go ahead with the flat,turn around and said the landlord won't go ahead with the tenancy..then on top of that changed the figure of acquiring the property..saying I didnt meet the requirement when I was told a different figure for getting the flat to rent on my annual salary..and even though I sent email proving I was given the info I should have gotten from beginning only after I paid my money.. They still turn around and kept my money.. I told her manager I would be a total idiot if I knew I didn't earn that amount of money and can't prove I do and still go ahead and pay the holding fee..I would be giving them free money. She didn't even give me a response to my asking the landlord for few more days..only stating I had a shortfall in my finance, no response at all in the email whether he was told about a delay in the last payslip, until my payday..

But will be taking this further..
If I was given the Requirement from beginning, wouldn\'t have gone ahead with the tenacy, thought I was paying only ‚£45 plus vat, for referencing, as I think agency fees is a rip off..

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward