Feb 25,2015
By: 'MK'
Feb 25,2015
Terrible experience. My advice is run a mile away if you see this agency selling specially as sole agent.
The agent was hiding vital information throughout the whole process, coming up with strange personal stories and to be honest creating the whole soap opera drama.
I placed a very competitive offer on the condition that the process is concluded quickly (checked if there is a chain and was told no), since I needed to buy and move fast or incur additional cost. Then the sales process was not moving for 8 weeks even though everything was ready on my side. My solicitor has forwarded to me email exchange on which agent was copied where seller's solicitors were explaining that due to chain situation they cannot conclude quickly (though agent still telling me the seller is not in chain).
By that time I started incurring extra-cost which I was planning to put towards the purchase price and asked either to decrease price or conclude quickly. Agent reassures me everything is to be solved within a week, then again I am getting email forwarded by my solicitor where surprise, surprise agent is copied and where it clearly states nothing is to be solved any time soon.
When I decided to walk away the agent came up with a very strange personal story of the seller, because of which I should have been apparently feeling sorry for the seller and agree to wait non-defined time while incurring my extra-cost.
The whole experience was turning into badly staged soap opera and in the end I just stopped answering the phone when agent called and never concluded the deal.
By: Customer Relations Manager
Mar 05, 2015
Dear MK

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. If there is anything more we can do please don't hesitate to contact us via email at help@fjlord.co.uk

Kind regards