Sep 23,2011
Sep 23,2011
Things ELLISONS excel in.

First and foremost for all to be aware. They are very, very good at taking their fee upfront for the year which is £1200.00. If the tenant moves out after six months breaking contract they will only off set a discount if you use them again. This only encourages them to drag their heels getting you a new tenant and you have no choice but to try another agent because you are losing money. The new agent in turn will turn out to be better than ELLISONS and get you a better tenant and quicker. ELLISONS don't care they have all ready got your money and don't wont to give any back regardless of their terrible service.

Very good at: Convincing you to take on a tenant even though you have a bad feeling about the tenant and they are grief even before they move in.

Very good at: Getting you a tenant who will trash your home destroy your furniture and appliances.Leaving you in debt to the tune of thousands.

Getting you someone who stops you doing viewings to potential buyers and renters, you can not even show the place to people until they have moved out because the place looks like a crack house which no-one would want to rent or buy.So you are losing renting money looking for a new tenant after they have moved out.( I lost £1200.00 to this alone).

Coming up with excuses why they have not paid the deposit money back into you account after it has been agreed by the landlord and tenant. Here is just a few. A power cut stopped the money transfer, they put through the wrong account number, they accidentally charged me twice for the booking out inventory.

Very good at Not keeping you updated or answering calls or E-mails within a reasonable time frame.It me in some case`s 10 E-mails and a month just to answer am I getting a refund.Guess the answer?

This is a very brief over view please believe that this company is grief. Adding up thier fees £1200.00. Damage to my property.£1000.00, lose due to having an empty property £1600.00. This does not take into account my lose of earnings and repair work which I had to do whilst the teanant was still in the property.If I took all that into account the total lose would exceed £5000.00. But who knows if you like grief losing shed loads of money ( I personally could not afford this sum and are still in debt thanks to ELLISONS).This is the ideal agent for you.
Told me at the very beginning if the tenant moved out after six months I would not be getting any of my money back even though I paid for a twelve month service.Your offered a discount only if you use them again,Talk about a captive customer. Not been so pushing with me to take on the first tenant that came along,I had a feeling he was wrong in the first place.I met a young couple who viewed the place who seemed nice I would have gone with them, but I was told the deposit had already been taken with the other bad tenant, feel the decision was taken out of my hands. Better communication and listening skills. To treat and respect you as a paying customer. Respond to you E-mails after the first time not the tenth and at least within a few days and not a month.
By: Nickie Barness
May 28, 2013
Avoid Ellisons like the plague!
This company is located on the tips of the Devil's triangle, Wimbledon, Morden, and Raynes Park.
The persons to avoid are Nicky Barnes and Lorraine Howard.
I am preparing 22 videos for you tube (YES! 22 videos) that is how much space I need to post everything on the net. I will be back here with the links, and You will be shocked as to what these rogue Estate gents are up to! Come back here in a couple of weeks, to see the links.
By: Nicky Barnes, Lettings Manager
Mar 27, 2012
Ellisons are very concerned to see this review of 24th October 2011, since at the time of the review being placed we had already responded directly to Mr Marsh’s complaint on each of the points he has raised.

We found a professional doctor to rent this property. He was permanently employed at a local hospital with a good salary and good credit and references, and a tenancy was agreed at market rent. It is correct that the Tenant gave notice to leave early due to a change in his circumstances; however shortly afterwards his circumstances changed again and the tenant wanted to stay on in the property. Mr Marsh rejected this request because he decided to sell the property. In the end, he didn’t sell the property, he let it again . We were due to give a discount against the new letting fee, and the agreement was that we would have a 4 week sole agency period. Mr Marsh gave the property to another agent before this period ended. We had several people interested in the property and feel happy that we would have found a tenant within the agreed timeframe. However, as a goodwill gesture we did offer Mr Marsh a partial refund of letting fees and we also offered in addition to make a special concession on any future business, be it selling or letting the property. We did not charge Mr Marsh anything above what was agreed in the contract with him.

Mr Marsh asked for a proportion of the Tenant’s deposit to cover items such as cleaning and damage to the oven, and the tenant agreed to pay the full amount requested. The balance of the deposit was returned to the Tenant with Mr Marsh’s consent as per normal procedures. All rent was paid on time during the tenancy and all damages informed to us by the Landlord were covered by the Tenant at the end of the tenancy. Mr Marsh’s complaint that he was indebted ‘to the tune of thousands’ as a result of this Tenant is simply not correct.

As a member of ARLA we strive to provide a high level of customer service to all our clients at all times. We therefore take any client dissatisfaction very seriously and as a result we spent considerable time looking into Mr Marsh’s complaints. We believe that we provided a high level of support and advice to Mr Marsh throughout the tenancy and that we have always acted in accordance with the terms of the contract signed between Ellisons and Mr Marsh.

Ellisons have hundreds of happy customers that have come back to us year after year during our 23 years that we have been in business.
By: Andy
Oct 18, 2011
Hi Menance,

You clearly did not read this properly. Although the tenant did destroy my property. My main complaint was that ELLISONS LETTINGS AGENT WIMBLEDON take all their fees upfront and when things go wrong or the tenant moves out before the end of the year they refuse to refund you money that you are clearly owed. This is not explained to you when your handing money over only when you try and claim money back. As I also said it took them ELLISONS over two months to pay money back into my account which could have been done within the week. They also took two months just to answer the question "Will I be refunded the six months I am owed".I know at the end of the day it is up to me who I let my property to, but when you hire and pay £1200.00 to someone upfront to do this for you, you expect a lot better service than I received.You would also like a response to letters of complaint I am still waiting for a response from 5th October 2011.
Just off now to go and "get a grip".
By: Menance
Oct 13, 2011
I would like to say that I worked for Ellisons for 13 years and what you are saying is complete Nonsense. When you let your property there is always an element of risk. The agent finds the tenant for you, it is you who decides whether or not you want to proceed, if you had a bad vibe about the tenant you should have said no. If you were out of pocket a the end of the tenancy you cannot blame the agent for another human beings disgraceful behavour, I know peopel like to blame other people when things do not go as planned, but get a grip.

An agent does not make the tenant trash a property, it is the tenant.

You are one person who clearly does not understand the business and wants to blame everyone else but yourself for accepting the tenant when you were not comfortable, so why do you blame everyone else and not your tenant or yourself.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ellisons Estate Agents Sales Wimbledon! To leave a new review of Ellisons Estate Agents Sales Wimbledon, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ellisons Estate Agents Sales Wimbledon