Sep 20,2011
Sep 20,2011
I can fully agree with the previous reviews. Avoid Fineholm, no matter what - as a tenant or property owner/landlord. When we moved in our flat it was partly in a disgusting condition and I say this as a person who isn't obsessive with cleaning. We found pubic and other hair under the mattress, used female underwear and socks (I have pictures as proof). The bedroom and bathroom carpet had to be replaced as well as these were simply gross.

During our tenancy several things had to be repaired in the flat. Initially we tried to discuss the issues with Fineholm but we were just confronted with absurd statements and an unfriendly behavior. It was impossible to find a reasonable solution with Fineholm and from then on we always discussed issues directly with the helpful landlord and avoided contacting Fineholm (Employees we spoke to: M B, J W).If you are still a tenant of a flat which is managed by

Fineholm I strongly suggest you to find out your landlords contact details and always speak to the landlord directly. Fineholm will initially refuse to let you know the landlord's contact details but insist on that and let them know that by law you have a right to know it.

After we moved out the saga continues. We only received 65% of our deposit.They charged us with cleaning costs although the flat has been cleaned extremely carefully. We spoke with the new tenants and they told us that they couldn't see any difference in tidiness after the professional cleaning has been carried out.
They first visited the flat before it was cleaned by Fineholm and moved in after the work has been carried out. Furthermore they charged us with repair costs for the entry door as it was allegedly jammed. However the entry door was in a fully functional condition but the key had to be turned to the right and not to the usual left side to open the lock. Due to their incompetence they were unfortunately not able to figure out something simple like that.

On top of that they are trying to charge us for several allegedly missing inventory items which we were able to locate with the new tenants. Fineholm's employees were just incapable of locating these within the flat although these items were very easy to find and in the flat at all times.

Property owners / Landlords should stay away from Fineholm as well. Fineholm will always carry out specific repairs/cleaning which is in their interest and which benefits them most and not the landlord or the tenant. Of course they do have their partner contractors and receive a commission from these for every repair/cleaning done. Landlords should also carefully check if any cleaning or repair costs are appropriate for the carried out work.

After reading the previous reviews and meeting two former Fineholm tenants personally which had a similar experience I start to believe that such mismanagement techniques seem to be the way how the try to stay profitable. Save yourself the trouble and stay away from Fineholm, there are enough nice flats in Edinburgh
which are managed by reliable letting agencies.

Business Management research suggests that only ~ 5% of the customers are complaining about a bad service or a bad product. To date we have 56 negative reviews here which would equate to 1120 heavily disappointed customers. Fineholm's homepage states that they are managing 1500 properties. 1120 out of 1500, so roughly 75% of all their customers are disappointed. I think we should contact the guinness book of records and nominate them for being the worst letting agency in the world.

The positive feedback which I can read here makes me very suspicious, especially as three reviews share nearly the same IP adress.
Please read my and all the other reviews.
By: Sally
Sep 27, 2011
We always look at the comments on this site to try to improve our service - as we have already stated to the writer of this comment we are happy to look at your complaint however we have had to ask you to leave the office as a result of your abusive behaviour and we are unwilling to respond to your threatening and abusive email. If the lease holder wishs to discuss her complaint in a reaonsable manner we are happy to look at your issues - contact
By: Enraged
Sep 24, 2011
I totally feel for you. I was in the same situation about a month ago. They even charged us for window cleaning! Mind you, how were we supposed to reach the outside of the window. After all they were already dirty/stains of bird droppings when we moved in! Needless to say it took them 7 weeks for the refund of my deposit. Imagine the interest they would have charged us if we were to be late for any sort of payment!

They charged us huge amount for the cleaning even though they said only minor cleaning needed! They are just using our money to pay for something which they should have paid for from their own pocket which is the general maintenance which includes annual cleaning! I was lucky that my landlord was kind enough to chip in the cleaning bill. Gosh...avoid at all cost!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Fineholm Edinburgh! To leave a new review of Fineholm Edinburgh, please click the link below !
Write a review for Fineholm Edinburgh