Sep 15,2011
Sep 15,2011
If you are relocating to Christchurch from another part of the UK do NOT use this company!!! They couldn't be bothered to give me the time of day, reply to my email or ust generally assist with my requirements. We are relocating within a year and are looking at what we can get for our money in that area, we explained in the email that was the case and if they could send us details of properties. I didn't get a reply. I called them and they couldn't see why they should help if we were moving until the end of next year.... compare theis to Connells - extremely helpful, they have talked to me in great detail about the area, local schools, catchment areas and they types of property available. They are even meeting with us next time we are in the area to show us 6 examples of properties in our price range. When it comes to the time when we need to seriously look at buying a property I know which agent I will go to.... and it WON'T be Pettengells!!!!
Be more helpful to prospective buyers!!!!
By: Steve
Nov 01, 2013
Pettengells deal with all 'serious' property buyers and sellers in a professional and courteous manor. Many vendors give us instructions to ONLY bring 'serious' buyers to visit their homes, often spending several hours cleaning, tidying and vacating the property for it to be shown. I recall the above client wanting to view a number of properties 'just to get an idea' of what was available in the area, but with no interest, at that stage, of purchasing any of them. Although a useful exercise/day out for the client, it's not productive business wise nor useful to our vendors. With the wealth of information/photographs/floor plans etc on the internet, it was politely suggested it was too early to view internally, but an external viewing would help get an idea of the area and if it was suitable.

Many vendors do get frustrated with people looking around their homes when they are not interested in buying, and the final paragraph of this review ''When it comes to the time when we need to seriously look at buying a property'', clearly indicates this would have been the situation here.

It is always disappointing to receive a negative review, however, I believe the great offence taken by this client is unjust, and would suggest to any buyers or sellers reading this, to contact us and form their own opinions.

Steve, Pettengells

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Pettengells Estate Agents Office 1! To leave a new review of Pettengells Estate Agents Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Pettengells Estate Agents Office 1