Download Property Smart Leader App
Sep 07,2011
By: 'satisfied so far'
Sep 07,2011
I came to Foxtons as a last resort. I had heard horror stories from acquaintances and I had read hundreds of scathing reviews online, but I just wasn't finding the right fit through any other estate agent, so I entered the Shoreditch office with great trepidation. The comment I'd read most frequently was that they rush you in to signing a contract, and I decided to be extra-careful when it came to that.

The office is certainly flashy, and the young estate agents definitely hotshots- but the service I received was efficient, rather than rushed. When I decided I wanted a property, everything did move quite fast. I used the maximum amount of time that Foxtons allows to make my final decision, I drove a hard bargain to the landlord, and I sent the lease to practced legal eyes before I signed it. I can only conclude that many clients who felt rushed to put pen to paper simply weren't careful or stubborn enough to push back.

I had a very good experience with Foxtons. The estate agents were rarely able to answer their phones when I called, but they always responded to emails promptly. I love the flat and it was made ready for living in under a week. I am quite young, female and went through the entire process alone while my partner was still at home abroad, yet I felt respected- a feeling I didn't get from several other estate agents in town.

My flat is managed by the landlord, so I can't speak to the Foxtons management service, which I know is the source of many clients' contempt. If it had been managed by the company I might still be nervous moving forward, but all in all, I am satisfied. So far!

Foxtons