Sep 06,2011
Sep 06,2011
Absolutely awful. Avoid at all possible costs.

That most estate agents provide bad customer service post-sales is to be expected (unfortunately), but Foxtons manage to provide equally bad pre-sales service too. I've rented one property from their Canary Wharf office for 5 years and I'll give you the highlights:

- Dishwasher didn't work for a year
- Shower leaked through the ceiling for the first 4 years
- No shower door the entire time
- Foxtons do not reply to phone calls or emails
- Unexplained deductions from the deposit

And this was from a 'Managed' property, which is supposed to be a superior service. They have such a high turnover of staff that you're lucky if you speak to the same person twice.

I hope this helps people not make the same mistake we did.
A complete revamp of their policies, procedures and employees.
By: Sam Crawford
Sep 12, 2011
Good question - and in hindsight we did stay far too long. I was trying to buy a house nearby, and kept extending our tenancy agreement when it started taking longer than expected (and it just snowballed!). This, coupled with uncertainty regarding jobs meant that it was easier to stay rather than to move.

To be clear, I wasn't complaining about the house - with a little work it could be a smashing place. The rent was relatively cheap (for a 3 bedroom house in Greenwich) and was in a nice area. The price at today's letting rates would be much higher.

I was complaining about the service that we received from Foxtons whilst we were there.
By: bemused
Sep 10, 2011
Can i just ask if it was so bad why did you stay there for so long? Presumably the original agreement was for a year so if it was really that terrible why stay on for another four?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Office 3! To leave a new review of Foxtons Office 3, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Office 3