Aug 29,2008
By: 'CH'
Aug 29,2008
The fact that Atlantis has to go onto this site and try to redeem themselves by writing positive reviews themselves says it all. Every good review has been written in the same style, all by people with first name usernames - not too obvious!!
I agree with all below comments - Atlantis have been nothing but unprofessional, fleecing, arrogant and uncaring. Apologies - the receptionist has always been very helpful. Apart from that, our whole experience with Atlantis has been absolutely horrendous.
Property 1:
- No oven for the 3 weeks it took for them to get someone out to fix it. Their maintenance guy brought the wrong part twice, failed to even turn up once. It was agreed we paid reduced rent as compensation, then letters were sent demanding we pay arrears as well as an administration charge for sending out the letter!!
- Shower had to be fixed twice because the problem was not resolved the first time a plumber was sent out - then had to be replaced completely.
- Inventory was years out of date according to the clerk who had checked the property before (which was not even checked when we moved into the property).
- Deposit then took 3 weeks to come back to us - none of the above problems were resolved without constant hassles and pestering from our end for Atlantis to ever get anything done.
Property 2:
- No washing machine for 2 weeks, despite being a brand new apartment. We had to pay
By: josieparker
Sep 10, 2008
Well I'm no expert but my understanding is that the tenants' deposits legally have to be held in a protected fund (in this case with ARLA) and that the tenant should be given a user number in order to access this. It is not up to the agent to deal out the deposit refund as I believe that both have to apply to the 'holder' and it should not be released until both parties agree to its distribution. If no agreement is reached then the 'holder' should act as arbitrator. Take photos too if you are accused of damaging something - just in case. I might be wrong.... but I don't this so. Oh and if you think the tenant has it rough - you should try being a landlord - they treat them with the same contempt.

Atlantis Property