Sep 01,2011
Sep 01,2011
Never in my entire life have I dealt with a letting agency so unprofessional, inconsiderate and rude. They are nice to you only when you wantto rent a flat with them but when you are requesting for help to clean up stuffs/fix things in your flat or when YOU ARE MOVING OUT, that's when things get NIGHTMARISH!

Me and my mates were in a rush to rent a flat a year ago and we found one with Fineholm which was cheap but old. But for that kind of price we thought it was a bargain. It was dirty when we moved in (the kitchen was greasy, the carpet was dirty and shelves were dusty etc) so we informed the landlord it. My landlord informed the agency several times requesting for cleaning to be done but nobody turned up so in the end we had to clean up the flat all by ourselves. Furnitures were old and worn but useable so we didn't make a big fuss about it (we didn't comment too much about them in the inventory list). That had proven to be a big mistake! Let me explain why later.

Our nightmare started when we informed them we were moving out 2 months before the lease was due. They brought people into our flats for viewing without prior notification. To be fair, they did inform us on only one occasion. I was shocked on other occasions where they brought people in and these potential tenants were walking around in my flat even when the agent who let them in was gone. Since I was in good term with my landlord, I didn't want to say much about it as a gesture of goodwill hoping that the flat will be let out a.s.a.p.

The real problem started with the final flat inspection. First of all, the agent did not bring her own copy of the inventory list and subsequently took our copy away from us during the inspection. So we were left without a reference the entire session. She seemed to blame us for everything especially the wear and tear on the old furniture. She agreed on the fact that the flat was clean but said a ¢â‚¬Ëœminor cleaning' (yeah she said minor cleaning) was still needed saying that professional cleaner would still be called in. The problem was, the flat was even cleaner than when we moved in. We relented nevertheless thinking that it might not cost us as much.

When we went over to the agency to get our copy of inventory list back two days later, we discovered to our horror a lot of horrendous remarks written all over it without prior justification from us! Things like 'wear,tear and stains' and missing items were written all over the list! The furniture were old like I mentioned earlier and they tried to blame us for all that! She didn't even ask us where the items were before putting down the ¢â‚¬Ëœmissing' remarks (they were put in the stores by previous tenants and we didn't bother taking them back out because they were soiled/filthy). We tried to clarify this but they shunted us instantly saying that they would only discuss with the landlord over the matter and we would be informed about the decision!

We got hold of our kind landlord and after he brought us into the property for another round of inspection, he had to personally inform the agency that those items were not missing and the furniture were indeed old from the start. Imagine how much Fineholm would have charged us if we let it go like that! And some of the stains which the agency said needed further cleaning were still intact even after they informed us that the cleaning had been done simply because they were permanent recalcitrant marks which were already there from the start! He also agreed with us that the flat was not clean when we first moved in and told us that he did inform the agency several times. But of course Fineholm didn't send anyone over to clean it. Fineholm now puts the blame on my landlord saying that he didn't inform the agency earlier.

To add insult to injury, although we left the flat in a cleaner state compared to when we first moved in, we are now charged a hefty £211 cleaning bill all for what was said to be 'minor cleaning' which we didn't even get from the start of our tenancy! Now, I am not the first tenant (and will not be the last) that has the perception that Fineholm is trying their best to rip you off your deposit. Read all the previous reviews to get a clearer picture. I tried to resolve the issue with Fineholm several times before writing this review because I thought of giving them the benefit of a doubt all to no avail! I think they are here only for your money but not your welfare.

I am still a student and my parents are not paying for my current education therefore I am living on a very tight budget where every penny counts. I hope you have a heart. £211 is at least two or three months worth of groceries for me. To date, I have yet to receive my deposit back. It has been more than 3 weeks and I have given up trying to reason with them because I know they won't listen to us anyway. I am not someone who's fussy and petty but this agency has definitely pushed me to my limit! My sincere advice to all is to avoid this agency.
Please be more receptive to your clients!
By: sally
Sep 27, 2011
I would like to look into this for you - please contact me at

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Fineholm Glasgow! To leave a new review of Fineholm Glasgow, please click the link below !
Write a review for Fineholm Glasgow