Aug 28,2011
Aug 28,2011
We rented a 4 bedroom detached house via Dacres as we were between' houses. Once subjected to having to take a day off work in order to accomodate their tour of the property several weeks after having moved in, we heard nothing from them for the 18 months in which we stayed there. They were slow to respond to any problems we had and their customer service was less than impressive. The real problems started when we moved out: They employed a 3rd party inventory checker (in effect, commissioned on problems they find) to check we'd left the place in the same state we found it. I can (hand on heart) state that we left the place in a better state then when we moved in.

1) We hired a professional gardener throughout the tenancy and paid a large amount of money to 'put things straight' when we moved in - on moving out we were told the garden would need work. We had to show them receipts before they dropped their argument.

2) When we moved in, the house had not been lived in for a period of time and as such needed a good clean. When we left I had a professional cleaning company clean the house for us. Even after the receipt for the cleaning services was supplied to Dacres, they argued that their 3rd party 'inventory checker' had noted 'dust on top of the tumble dryer' and 'dust on the top surface of lamp shades hung from the ceiling'. The house was in far better state than when I moved in yet monies were taken from my deposit. I can honestly say I would never rent, buy or sell a property through Dacres in the future.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Dacre Son & Hartley Otley! To leave a new review of Dacre Son & Hartley Otley, please click the link below !
Write a review for Dacre Son & Hartley Otley