Aug 25,2011
Aug 25,2011
I rented my property with this Agency and my rent was never coming on time, I was disgusting with the service and found the staff to be terrible at returning my calls after promising to chase the tenants for my rent.
I left them to do their jobs as they promised me the best service when signing up with them and I limited my phone calls to them to once in a while, the tenants had arrears on their account for months on end and the agent never made any attempts to make a payment plan with then.
They told me they had carried out inspections on the property and everything was ok but I find this hard to believe as when the tenants finally left the property was completely trashed. The deposit was a fraction of the repair costs and I had to pay so much money on top.

The tenants were not vetted as Equity did not have any proper paperwork on them, they had not inspected and told me how bad the condition was and showed no compassion once I told them I will not be using them again.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! THERE IS A REASON YOU DO NOT READ GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT THEM AND I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DEAL WITH SOMEONE ELSE! I GAVE MY PROPERTY TO ANOTHER AGENT AND I AM GETTING MY RENT ON TIME AND I HAVE GONE AND INSPECTED THE PROPERTY MYSELF AND ITS IMMACULATE! I HAVE TO TAKE MY SHOES OFF AS THE TENANTS DO NOT ALLOW SHOES IN MY HOUSE!
they did not reference the tenants, they did not inspect my property, they did not get back to me about the rent arrears and they lied about inspecting the property.
Attached Files
By: Average Guy
Oct 18, 2012
Likewise. Bunch of unprofessional, incompetent cowboys who have failed me time and time again. Happy to take their money, but couldn't even manage to draw up an inventory... And that doesn't even scratch the surface. Avoid at all costs! Using these poor excuses for letting agents is one of he worst decisions I have made in my life. They're that bad. They will cost you time, money, and a load of stress.
By: Very Dissapointed
Apr 05, 2012
I am a landlord who allowed Equity to look after my property on a fully managed basis. I'm not sure what type of vetting they did on the tenants but I have had late rent payments, the tenants have been in arrears since about four months after taking occupancy and the house now has damp from a leak which was never advised. When I tried to use them to get some work done they either never had anyone who could do it (meant I had to find someone myself) or the work was partly completed. Despite asking for the tenants to be removed due to the damage they are causing, I am still waiting seven months later. I have been attempting to contact Equity to find out what is happening with the house but they now refuse to return my phone calls. DO NOT USE THESE COWBOYS, THEY ARE HAPPY TO TAKE A COMMISSION SO LONG AS THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO ANY WORK. I WILL BE USING ANY OTHER AGENT AS SOON AS I CAN GET THE HOOLIGANS OUT OF MY HOUSE. shame I never found this web site sooner, may have saved me a substantial amount of money!!!!

Equity Estate Agents