What a mistake it has been to use Gascoigne Pees Putney to sell our flat.
Every step of the way they have promised dates when they would contact us - and then ignored every deadline they set themselves so we have had to chase them.
Our sale was not part of a chain and should have been straightforward. However GPees are firmly on the side of the buyer as they have:
1. given us one hour's notice that the buyer was coming to the flat to measure up on a Saturday morning
2. asked us to pay for additional surveys (which are the buyer's responsibility!!)
3. given us a maximum of 4 days' notice of when the buyer wanted to exchange (they told us on a Tuesday that the buyer wanted to exchange the same week)
4. hummed and haaed over whether our inital suggested completion date would be convenient to the buyer
5. when we revised our completion date to a Monday as we couldn't move into our alternative accommodation until the weekend, the agent made a big fuss about how inconvenient that would be to the buyer!
We ended up dreading phoning the agent as every time we were made to feel a nuisance.
We initially chose them as we'd bought the flat through them a few years earlier. Back then they were ok, although I did end up having to keep in direct contact with our vendor for updates (therefore mostly bypassing GPees) - I guess that should have been a sign!
As a seller, steer well clear of them and save yourself a lot of stress. They don't understand that the seller is paying for them so they should be working with the seller.
I would never use them again.
Oh, we also tried looking for a property through GPees Epsom - they ignored our budget and sent completely inappropriate properties. So it looks like it's a firm-wide problem.
What agent could do to change your mind?
GPees needs to understand that they work on behalf of sellers. We have been pressured the whole time to ensure everything is smooth for the buyer at the expense of our own situation - excuse me - who is paying your fees???? See the review for further details.
GPees also overpromises and underdelivers consistently.
Once this sale is complete, we will be submitting a formal written complaint.