Dec 19,2014
By: 'MF'
Dec 19,2014
Following a flood at my apartment the letting agents from Savills Cambridge, consistently failed to act accordingly with my lease and in good faith to help remedy the situation. They kept my rent money despite the lease stating that it would be returned when the flat was rendered uninhabitable (it was a sewage flood), failed to take actions to limit my expenses, and blatantly lied about actions they claimed they were taking. I had to research UK law to determine what they were supposed to be doing and demand nothing less (i.e. cover my utility costs during repairs, arrange/pay for removal & storage of my belongings, provide flood related reports & documents to allow me to file my own insurance claim, etc). On one occasion, "*they* coordinated to only have a portion of my belongings removed through a van service that treated me with hostility. I was forced to find a method of removing the remainder of my belongings which took an entire evening before I was supposed to leave town on business! Finally, I sought compliance with Savills' corporate office after nearly two months of being sidelined. The corporate office promised to investigate, but only provided bogus reasons why their agents couldn't perform the most basic of customer service. Eventually, I had to call the landlord's insurer myself to obtain over ?3000 that the letting agents failed to return to me.
By: MF
May 24, 2016
Update: Now over a year from the incident...The Ombudsman Service determined that Savills' complaint process was not followed, therefore Theresa Wallace's Jan 14th statement was false. To date no honest investigation has been accomplished for this case by Savills.
I used the Tenancy Deposit Scheme to force this letting agency to release my funds. Before the TDS could award in my favor, Savills folded as they had no leg to stand on. I also worked directly with the utility companies to re-assess our charges and the building manager to get the necessary documents for my personal insurance claim. By working around Savills, I was able to retrieve what I needed and should have easily obtained through the letting agents.
Savills has taken every step to distance themselves from their poor performance and now is blaming all wrong-doing on the landlord (who lives in Asia).
My rent from when the flat was uninhabitable is still missing and Savills' has positioned themselves to point all fault at the landlord who was never involved with the actions Jade Cook and Jane Dixon took.
In my journey to this point, I have found that this is not the first time Savills has acted this way. According to the Citizens Advice Bureau, I have six years to take the case to court. The UK processes are long and drawn-out, but eventually the wrong-doing is exposed and you will get your money back from them.
By: Lettings 1
Jan 14, 2015
Savills has fully investigated the above claims in line with our complaints procedure and we stand by our findings from the investigation. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please contact me directly via lettingscustomerservices@savills.com. Yours faithfully, Theresa Wallace -Director, Head of Compliance and Customer Service, Lettings Savills

Savills