Dec 19,2014
By: 'Jane Snell'
Dec 19,2014
I used Pendle Hill Properties to sell my property. They took excellent photographs and also did get people through the door. I had to chase them constantly though to find out whether there was any interest in the property. The only time they phoned us was if there was a potential client. However, I eventually got my own buyer whom had been interested since before the house was available on the market. She then had a buyer for her property and went ahead. I asked Pendle Hill Properties to sort out with the solicitors etc and said that I would still be happy to pay their fee. It turned out our solicitors had no contact with them at all until near completion of the sale and they wanted their money. I was also invoiced for more than agreed. It had been stated that we would be refunded the cost of the photographs. This didn't happen and the bill was more than stated. When confronted with this Pendle Hill Properties did back track. Do check with your solicitor to see the invoice before you pay this company to make sure its the agreed amount. Due to the circumstances I asked the solicitor not to pay them and I would sort it out. I have since then been hassled and pressured for payment constantly.
Been honest when charging the invoice and made more effort in keeping in touch throughout the whole process. Used another agent for another property we had in the south and they were far better at keeping everyone on touch with what was going on.
Attached Files
I think the fees paid were in the circumstances excessive for very little effort.

Pendle Hill Properties