Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Aug 18,2011
Aug 18,2011
I would definitively not use this agent again for selling my property for the following reasons:

- In Aug 2008 I put my flat on the market instead of renting it as advised by a Slater Hogg & Howison agent. Indeed they told me it could reach a certain price (which was my determinant factor to put it on the market - note I made it clear to them I didn't have to sell). Their valuation letter stipulated¢â‚¬Å“£145,000 to £150,000 depending on the level of competition, higher figures could well be achieved¢â‚¬Â. This was reinforced by their verbal communication when I saw them.
- The first offer in Sep08 was £125K, 1 month after the valuation and the highest it ever got to after 1.5 years was £137K
- In Mar 2010, they forced me to remove the property from the market as they couldn't reach the price originally stated, which I did.
- In Jan 2011, I get a bill asking me to pay a fee for breaking the contract.
- I tried to settle the complaint with them but this has been unsuccessful so I have contacted my lawyer.
By: jimbob
Jan 25, 2013
All they had tried with me is over price the house evaluation as to gain max commission based on original valuation and not the selling price. £85000 they valued over this but now feel i should be selling around £65000 i constantly emailed Slater in Livingston and asked to be formally contacted only by email as to record their antics.
They were not happy with this and cancelled the contract as i was unwilling to keep dropping price and ecept phone communications or drop price threw letters.
They cancelled contract they want cancellation fee of £295 - not happening and they had the cheek to say that the only viewer over the 2 Years + if he came back to me that they would still be liable for commission on sale of the house. This company is cruel sneaky and pathetic
By: Paris07
Sep 21, 2011
Ally agree with you 100% Went to market with Slater Hogg (against several friends advice) and found them unprofessional, used bullying tactics (trying to get us to place our property on market for 15K lower than home report), would never return calls and when they did staff would practically chewed your ear off for calling the office. very unhelpful, not pleasant they forget we are the customers paying them the fees!

S&H advsided we could get between 95-100K for our property (like you we had no need to sell), we agreed went ahead completed paperwork had selling agent to our home whom advised it was over estimated perhaps we should lower to £85k. We agreed then once payment was made we were practically bullied into place it on market @ £74k. I had to refuse several times, to the point the agent went behind my back and called my husband to get him to agree to marketing price of 74K. We were told in NO uncertain terms it wouldn't sell and we should execpt it to be on market for months! We held out at 85k and Sold within 3 weeks for slightly lower but not much!! Slater Hogg are useless and a waste of space, I would not recommend anyone use this company! We wish we had listened to others that advised us against using them. Staff unprofessional and not willing to help. Maybe a course in customer service and the realisation CUSTOMERS PAY THE FEE!!!!!!!!!!! therefore, learn the meaning of PROFESSIONAL SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By: Really!!!
Aug 25, 2011
Ally, in your world have house prices not plummented???? maybe if you sold for less you could buy your next house for cheaper, greed is not the answer...... house are to live in not for profit

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Slater Hogg & Howison Branch! To leave a new review of Slater Hogg & Howison Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Slater Hogg & Howison Branch