I would definitively not use this agent again for selling my property for the following reasons:
- In Aug 2008 I put my flat on the market instead of renting it as advised by a Slater Hogg & Howison agent. Indeed they told me it could reach a certain price (which was my determinant factor to put it on the market - note I made it clear to them I didn't have to sell). Their valuation letter stipulated¢â‚¬Å“£145,000 to £150,000 depending on the level of competition, higher figures could well be achieved¢â‚¬Â. This was reinforced by their verbal communication when I saw them.
- The first offer in Sep08 was £125K, 1 month after the valuation and the highest it ever got to after 1.5 years was £137K
- In Mar 2010, they forced me to remove the property from the market as they couldn't reach the price originally stated, which I did.
- In Jan 2011, I get a bill asking me to pay a fee for breaking the contract.
- I tried to settle the complaint with them but this has been unsuccessful so I have contacted my lawyer.