DO NOT RENT WITH FINEHOLM - AVOID AT ALL COSTS - In 11 years of renting properties around the UK, they are heads and shoulders above the rest with incompetence, rudeness and appalling service. I also guarantee you will not get your deposit back!
- On day 1 of moving in to flat dangerous/faulty boiler - 3 months of No Hot water before they finally sorted it out (Only because it was deemed - dangerous in annual safety check). We advised them of the boiler on the day we moved in but they said there would be charges for us for them to come out and inspect it.
- Large areas of mould in flat appeared. Again 3/4 months to sort out
- Very old sofa broke - This was the landlords now deceased parent and instead of replacing this 25/30 year old sofa, they nail some wood to it to repair it.
- Very rude and unprofessional staff
- Before we moved out we paid for professional cleaners to come in and clean the flat thoroughly
- We did not deposit back - Flat was left 'dirty' and we were accused of stealing items from the property. What Fineholm mean by dirty is very nit picky. The outside of the windows (of a 3rd storey flat) were dirty and it would be interesting to know how they expect a tenant to clean them. The detergent draw of the washing machine was dirty (really??? it was dirty when we came in to the flat). The 'missing' items were not stolen but were in the flat still, they did not check the inventory correctly. To summarise, all of the negative reviews are correct, can so many people be wrong?? There are lots of great properties, landlords and letting agents in Glasgow, Fineholm are widely regarded as one of the worst. So if you are flat hunting you can guarantee you will see what you want without the need for having to resort to renting with this horrendous organisation.
What agent could do to change your mind?
Poor customer service from start to finish, extremely rude and unprofessional! They are quick to get in touch with you for anything they need sorting but not the other way round. They are far too quick to use scare tactics to try and stop you from getting maintenance issues looked in to. They call it a 'deposit' but the reality is they make excuses and find problems where they aren't any so you never see the money again. The problems are from the top down, the managers are rude and unhelpful so it filters down to all staff. I do not know how they can improve as all of the problems are deeply ingrained in to how they operate and only a complete overhaul from a professional organisation may rectify some of the problems