Aug 13,2011
Aug 13,2011
I'd like to have rated them 0 stars, but was prevented from doing so.

Ironically, as a direct result of dealings with them, I decided that I could do a better job and now run a lettings agency elsewhere.

We had two flats with them in a new development (at the time) and they took an inordinate amount of time to let them. They pressurised us into marketing at a rent higher than we needed on unencumbered flats, supposedly because otherwise we'd be "lowering the development's value"

Since we were not local investors, we took a lot on trust and we were left with the distinct impression that they favoured local landlords who, presumably, they enjoyed better relationships with.

Following the comprehensive trashing of one of the flats, we moved one to a small independent agent who seems much better.

As an aside, they take very small deposits, resulting in greater losses.

I attempted on numerous occasions to complain to the franchisor, but they seemed to care less than the local management.

I am aware that all franchises operate to differing standards-just look at the variations of reviews anywhere on this site.

In my humble opinion, find one with NALS and SAFE agent accreditation, that has been trading long enough to know what they are about, but not long enough to have a huge managed portfolio. The salesmen will boast about large portfolios, so it's easy enough to establish.

And use one where the business owner is still on the front line. Generally they genuinely do care.
Care a bit.
Attached Files
By: Mike
Aug 15, 2011
THIS SHOULD BE A ONE STAR RATING. ACTUALLY, IT SHOULD BE NO STAR, BUT THE RIDICULOUS SOFTWARE WON'T ALLOW IT. NOT A TERRIBLY RELIABLE SITE IS IT?

Countrywide Residential Lettings