Aug 07,2011
Aug 07,2011
My experience is similar to that of Mitch above.

I asked for a copy of the home report (the property in question was in Scotland and it's a legal requirement) and further details on room dimensions via a Zoopla link to the Express Estate Agency.

I heard nothing so I called the Express Estate Agency direct. I was promised a copy of the home report by the person I spoke to.

I then sent an email throught their website explaining the above and that I hadn't received the home report.

I was sent a text message the following day, asking me to call them to arrange a viewing, despite the nature of my request - i.e. more information. By the way, that's all they seem set-up to do - arrange viewings - their operators will tell you that they only have the information that is already displayed on the website, nothing more. What sort of estate agent doesn't have room dimensions for the properties they're selling?

Anyway, When I phoned back, the person that left the message wasn't available, so I spoke to somebody else. I asked if a home report was available and they told me it definitely was but they thought the property was now under offer. I was still promised a copy of the home report though.

Not long after, I received a call (from the same person) to say that the property was actually sold (so I wouldn't be getting the home report) but I would be contacted if it came back on the market.

Over the next few days, I periodically checked the Express Estate Agency website and found that the property in question was still advertised as 'On Market'.

I sent a final email through their website asking why the property was still apparently on the market, despite what I had been told previously.

I heard nothing.

I then asked someone else to call the Express Estate Agency to ask if the property in question was still on the market.

They were told IT WAS still on the market.

Disgusted at the above (but frankly having no further interest in any property marketed by these people), I sent an email to their MD to express my views.

Shortly after, the property was removed from their website, although I received no reply.

If you have visited you will notice a very different set of opinions for the Express Estate Agency. They're all glowing - full of praise.

Which seems odd, until you realise that the domain name is owned by the MD of the Express Estate Agency!!!

Draw your own conclusions...
By: steaknmash
Feb 19, 2012
They're crap. I've dealt with them before several times. As a buyer - which I am - fair enough I understand trying to get more money for your customers. But as a buyer my experience is this; Went to a home which had been advertised for about 8 months. it's advertising price was below HR value - which is common in the market.

I asked for a viewing and was told they're were 3 other people interested, obvious to me that this was desperate sales pitch. But I just played along anyway.

Upon arriving at the property, the vendor said that the EA had promised a 12 week sale or no fees. So basically they [E.A.] weren't going to get paid.

I agreed a sale price with the vendor. Went to the E.A's negotiator the next day and wow - low and behold the property had suddenly gone up in price by a whopping 25%, just overnight. Just like that. it was even been re-advertised, right after the vendor had agreed with me a sale price.

Even though the property had been on the market for months and months, and the last viewer was 6 weeks previous to me, no, 25% markup just overnight. the EA even had the audacity to ask me to pay the new asking price or go away. They weren't even polite about it. they just - as if it was an everyday thing for them to ask for - just said to me "we advertising this again for..." (25% more) .. and "the vendor has had 3 calls about this, really, they have, 3 more people are going to view it tonight!!!!". That's just a sample of how bad they're negotiators are.

This is the second property that I've visited which has been advertised by these monkeys. It's the second property that has had their vendors on the market for months and months and months. The last one previous to this ended up taking their property off the market altogether. (it was advertised at half the HR value but the vendors had been wanting a 30% markup and had been telling their buyers this as soon as they had set foot in their door.)

This isn't the first time that this has happened to me using the Express Estate Agency, and it's not the first time that other people have had this kind of experience with them either.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office