Aug 02,2011
Aug 02,2011
After 18 months having these people "manage" my flat in E1, all I can say is NEVER AGAIN. They were incompetent at everything from start to finish.
1. Failure to undertake out check after first tenant left despite paying for inventory to be done.
2. Charged for repairs that were never in fact carried out.
3. Deducted money from my rental in addition to asking me to pay the same amount to them when the tenant overpaid rent.
4. A different person dealing with my flat every time I received an email.
5. Failed to ensure second tenant returned keys at conclusion.
6. Promised that flat would be cleaned at conclusion of second tenancy, but failed to deliver.
7. Failed to inspect at any stage during either tenancy.
And for all of this lack of service they charged money up front! Charging up front for management is a scam that should be outlawed.
Looking at all the great reviews, it is interesting to note they are all from tenants! So who are these guys working for? Clearly not their clients.
By: BB
Mar 23, 2012
i have had a similar experience with them... just sending some court papers as suing to get return of fees...
By: KM
Sep 10, 2011
AP - I agree, but would note that the clients of Atkinson McLeod are actually the landlords AND the tenants, both of whom pay large sums of money to Atkinson McLeod for their "services". My experience of them as a tenant was that they failed to deliver anything even approaching a professional service to either party.
I notice that they failed to do a check-out inventory in your tenant's case, and this seems to be a regular complaint on this forum. Of course, if there were no inventory on check-in and check-out, an unscrupulous agent might try to exploit the confusion caused to claim to tenants and landlords that items are missing or damaged. I know for a fact that the tenants who left the property when we moved in had no proper check-out inventory but had large deductions from their deposit for "repairs" that were never carried out, and for "missing" items, which were actually still in the property. I would be very interested to know if the landlord was also charged to "repair" and "replace" these items. Of course I cannot ask him, because Atkinson McLeod will never cc an email to both the landlord and tenant, who might then put their heads together and work out what is going on...
By: JW2011
Aug 29, 2011
I have had exactly the same experience with this company letting my property. A catalogue of errors and poor management which has left me out of pocket, constantly managing it myself and caused an awful lot of hassle.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Tower Hamlets London! To leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Tower Hamlets London, please click the link below !
Write a review for Atkinson McLeod Tower Hamlets London