Nov 20,2014
By: 'Tenant'
Nov 20,2014
Unity lets is the most unprofessional company I have ever come across, how they are still a functioning company is beyond me. I'm unsure if they don't know that tenants in the houses actually have rights, or that they are abusing the fact they house students and purposefully breaking them. Their master key is completely misused, not only do they breach the restrictions put in their own contracts, but they break the law and disregards the rights of any tenants, by entering when they please. Anyone who has watched a drama on TV would surely know that landlords aren't allowed to wondered around the property without prior notice, and without permission, yet numerous times I have seen the property manager let himself to the house and doing viewings in bedrooms without notice. When questioned on this excuses that are completely invalid and ridiculous are used to justify them breaking the law. Recently it has come to my attention they don't even keep correct records of workers who has been in the house, as I have been told that maintenance weren't instructed to be in the property even though I had seen them myself.
In regards to my own experience of house viewings with the company and the illegals viewing that have been dragged through my house, I've noticed the letting agency takes advantage of the naivety of the clients, and they use manipulation and pressure tactics to make the sale, including false promises as a sale patter. I also find it strange that they insist we pay our deposits before actually signing a contract, our contract had to be redrafted numerous times due to mistakes, missing room numbers and the fact that the first contract presented to use was a joint contract, which was never agreed upon.
On entering the property it was in a ridiculous state, the floors dirty, the windows covered in egg, the toilets still had stuff left in them from the previous tenants, half the appliances in the kitchen were broken, and the keys didn't even work in the locks.
The 24 hours contact for emergencies has been revealed to be a lie, despite being in the contract as 5 messages and about 15 missed called were ignored.
The contract has been breached numerous times and makes me feel very insecure and unprotected with regards to my position as a tenant.
It is the companies unprofessional, out right rude, and child like behavior that has lead us to abandon a property, that we would now, after our own hard work, consider to be a very nice place to live.

Unity Lets