Aug 03,2011
Aug 03,2011
Student Digz are insincere criminals when it comes to taking your money.

When someone pays extra for tenancy via a letting agency such as Student Digz, one would expect to get more in return. Primarily, a form of external mediation between the tenant and the landlord. This simply isn't the case.

Since moving into a Student Digz property we have had to clean the initial mess ourselves (particularly in the kitchen), we have enjoyed gas leaks, desks covered in bubblegum, mould, water coming through the walls, the landlord physically shoving a tenant (had the tenant been female, there would be lawsuits up the ass) and a pitiful attempt at installing wired internet (two guys came over and drilled holes in walls and then left).

Sure Student Digz will happily note down everything, but that's where it all ends. Student Digz will not facilitate any kind of dialogue between you and the landlord. In short, they don't care.

This of course is flipped on it's head when it comes to inspection time for the deposits. Student Digz will happily charge £20 to hoover individual floors, £20 to remove ANY furniture that was not originally there (though strangely overlooking for the large TV we left in the living room) and finally the thing that has me angry: they want to charge £89 to replace a mattress due to a tiny, superficial stain.

Upon hearing this news, a housemate and I returned to the property to remedy these issues. After returning home in England, I was informed that a second inspection had been done and the mattress still needs replacing and, surprise, new things need fixing/cleaning!

I find Student Digz' poorly disguised attempts at stealing our deposits ridiculous. Their selective awareness to problems is tactless and they clearly just dont give a damn about the "wear and tear" clause in the contract. I would not be surprised if they simply took the mattress money and left it there, considering it is of a higher quality than any mattress I have ever been provided in student accomodation. During the same tenancy a housemate was provided with a mattress covered in holes with SPRINGS POKING THROUGH.

Not only will I be advising all of my friends and family to avoid Student Digz like the plague, I will also suggest they consider a career in freelance vacuum cleaning.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of StudentDigz Office 1! To leave a new review of StudentDigz Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for StudentDigz Office 1