Jul 31,2011
Jul 31,2011
WARNING!! I had the misfortune of attempting to rent a property through The Letting People in Leamington Spa. In May 2011 I found a property and paid an administration fee of £199. Once my references had cleared I paid a further £1990 deposit and rent for the first month. I signed paperwork stating that I would be moving in to the property on 8 July 2011 and gave the necessary notice on my previous property. Arrangements were made for the move, including removals hire and a day booked off work. At 17.30 on 7 July 2011 I was contacted by Anthony Kempster, the company Director, who advised that I would no longer be moving the following day. There was no apology or explanation given. Mr Kempster could not give an alternative date for the move. When I explained that this would render me homeless, he offered another, considerably more expensive property, which was not available until August. I was forced to find temporary accomodation at considerable expense and have now found a property through a more reputable company. Mr Kempster has retained the £199 and is refusing to refund it. I am currently seeking legal advice and would strongly advise other people to avoid any dealings with this company.

The Letting People (Mid Sussex)

10 Station Road Burgess Hill