Jul 27,2011
Jul 27,2011
This was a thoroughly appalling agency. It would seem they are driven by the landlords whom they represent. Untrustworthy with data and basic property maintenance. The closing report highlighted problems which had been identified in the report for the previous tenants. None of the items identified had been rectified. Students are treated with absolute contempt and the whole ethos appears to fabricate issues that allow deduction from the deposit in order to maximise profit, in other words, the students' welfare comes a very poor second to a profiteering unscrupulous landlord.
By: CyberServices | Tim
Mar 25, 2015
Dear representative of Smith&Winbourne,

The property ombudsman, Association of Renting and Letting Agents and The University of Surrey are currently investigating Smith&Winbourne regarding contrctual misconduct. Also, owing to recent discrepencies with the transparency of certain tennant's contracts, the ASA have bee duly in informed of misadvertising.

Furthermore, certain comments on this medium are deemed by Trading Standards as threatening.

Furthermore, obtaining someone's identity when they have specified an anonymous response is in breach of basic human rights to privacy. The CyberServices and Trading Standards team will be launching independant review within the next seven woking days.

CS criminal surveilance service
By: Steve
May 21, 2014
Sam 5, I have just noticed you did finally reply. I gave up waiting after a couple of weeks.

How can I take legal action if we don't know who you are. You still do not have the courage to inform me. Would you be willing to so I can look in to this case again?
By: Sam5
Aug 16, 2011
Hello Managing Partner of S&W.

There is no need to contact you because this review serves as nothing else but a review... You were fully aware of our dispute at the time and didn't have the courage to deal with it.

We did indeed dispute the deposit deductions that S&W recommended, and these deductions were repealed, one-by-one, by yourselves when we were able to point out (and photographically prove) that any claimed damage was pre-existing, or had already been brought to your attention. I understand that it is a competitive market, however "trying your luck" is not professional or acceptible. I'm sure many other students would have just given up.

By all means serve me with a court summons for what you claim are "libellous comments"... I can support everything I have said. I suggest you improve both the quality of the properties and the landlords you take on.
By: stevesandw
Jul 28, 2011
Hello Sam5. I am the managing partner of Smith & Winborn and would welcome the chance to discuss your comments. We believe this is either the work of a competitor, or a potentially libellous remark made by an unhappy tenant who did not like having a deduction made from their deposit. Tenants have the right to challenge deductions these days under the tenancy deposit scheme, so I assume you lost!

Please have the courage to contact me Sam5!

Steve Smith

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Smith & Winborn Office 1! To leave a new review of Smith & Winborn Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Smith & Winborn Office 1